A Marvel Fanboy

Dredd (September 21, 2012)

Dredd

directed: Pete Travis

script by Alex Garland with John Wagner

stars Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby, Lena Headey

worldwide release on September 21, 2012

Dredd is an upcoming film directed by Pete Travis. It was announced in December 2008 that Danny Boyle, through his production company DNA Films, was to make a comic book adaptionof 2000 ADcharacter Judge Dreddand would be unrelated to the1995 film version. The film is to be directed by Pete Travis with a script by Alex Garland. The cast currently consists of Karl Urban as Judge Dredd andOlivia Thirlby as Judge Anderson. Dredd is due to be released on September 21, 2012 in 3-D.

Dredd Over $50M Club

Edited by Neo

I love Karl Urban but this is going to bomb. The movie has been in production forever, they changed the director and there`s no buzz even among geeks who are the only target audience for this.

Yeah, no buzz at all. Director Pete Travis was fired and now they are doing the reshooting.

Say what you want about Stallones version but at least it looked great, Mega City one looked fantastic, this version looks terrible and almost what you would expect from a tv series version. This will bomb bad imo, maybe even worse than Stallones version.$17mil ow. $40mil total.

Sly one bombed andSly was much bigger name when he made it than Karl Urban who isn`t a name at all save in geek circles.Plus, Dredd isn`t a globally iconic property like Batman, Superman, Spiderman,etc where you can risk and hire an unknown or semi-known actor cause brand name will open the movie, not the actor in the leading role. This looks like a DtD. I mean, even a villain isn`t a biggie but a TV actress. Ouch.

This will bomb harder than Conan :lol:

Like I said, I like Karl Urban and Jason Momoa but picking poor scripts won`t secure them a leading man status, unless they want to win the battle against Dinocroc on Sy Fy. Which is what avaits them if they keep carrying one shitfest after another.