Jack Nevada

Overrated/underrated films of 2013

The Place Beyond The Pines was another one that seemed a little too on the nose at times, and just a little overblown and disconnected at times, but it's still pretty well crafted, and Bradley Cooper is amazing. (Seriously, his abilities as a dramatic actor are surprisingly overlooked.) I liked it, but not at much as some people on here.

Overrated 

12 Years a Slave (not too many people even heard of that before the Oscars, and it won Best Picture?!  It shouldn't have won just because it was about racism and slavery and all that come on, Frozen should have at least gotten nominated in its place!) 

Gravity (I haven't seen it yet, and I still want to, but I don't think it warrented that many Oscars...) 

DM2 (I thought the first was okay) 

Underrated 

Pacific Rim (Kaiju, robots, and GLaDOS in all but name, how can that not be awesome?) 

Oblivion (good movie)

Overrated 

12 Years a Slave (not too many people even heard of that before the Oscars, and it won Best Picture?!  It shouldn't have won just because it was about racism and slavery and all that come on, Frozen should have at least gotten nominated in its place!) 

Frozen instead of 12 Years a Slave? REALLY? The whole movie Frozen is weaker than one single performance in 12 Years a Slave. It deserved what it got. It doesn't matter if it's about racism or whatever, as long as it's a good movie it deserves the Oscars.

Gravity (I haven't seen it yet, and I still want to, but I don't think it warrented that many Oscars...) 

It won for technical categories and Best Director (which can be considered a technical category in this case, seeing that Cuaron brought everything to a new level with his movies. Deservedly won)

• Like 2

Overrated 

DM2 (I thought the first was okay) 

Underrated 

Pacific Rim (Kaiju, robots, and GLaDOS in all but name, how can that not be awesome?) 

Oblivion (good movie)

Oh good lord. 

Overrated 

As someone who adores Frozen, no.

Overratted:

CF

Frozen (still one of the best movie of 2013, but not godlike)

Ironman 3

MOS

DoS (To much action)

Underratted

The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey (So much better than DoS, I like the talking, the dwarves, the slow story telling....)

Thor2