Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Watched "Singham Returns". The actual plotline is entertaining, the romantic diversions and the climax are not. The very last scene is basically a remake of

Khakee

No good songs this time around, especially considering that Singham had this song

• Like 2

Singham Returns heading for a 25 Cr opening. Great! @Fake your predictions seems to be bang on atm.

Poor prediction in the end as it is headed for 30 crore+. :)150 crore is almost locked. Need to see the drop today to gauge how high it can actually go.
  • Like 1

Poor prediction in the end as it is headed for 30 crore+. :)150 crore is almost locked. Need to see the drop today to gauge how high it can actually go.

Way off from my prediction.(21 Cr) 

I think it will go Ek Tha Tiger way! 30+ opening then drops in weekend.

No, I dont have any accurate data from down there. Its very confusing there.

Highest Grossing Movies 

Telugu - Attarintiki Daredhi(2013) - 110-120Cr ($18M-$20M)

Tamil - Endhiran(2010) - 180cr ($30Million)

Kannada - Mungaru Male(2006) - 30cr-40Cr($5M-$7M)

Malayalam - Drishyam(2013) - 40-50cr ($7m-$8M)

• Like 1

So Saturday business (~20 Cr) went down to what I was expecting initially. It seems the holiday boost on Friday was much stronger than I expected. Sunday should be in 25 Cr region, taking the weekend total to 75 Cr ($17m).

Highest Grossing Movies 

Mungaru Male had injected new life into the Kannada industry, too bad there hasn't been a broad base hit like that since. I remember that Mungaru Male had even made inroads into the Mangalore-Udupi-Karwar section where Kannada movies don't normally do well. The ending separated it from the run of the mill romance movies, and the songs (especially "Anisuthide") are still heard by people everyday. Hopefully the Kannada industry delivers another hit like it soon.

• Like 1

Highest Grossing Movies 

How accurate is this? Looks like all nos are rounded off.

• Like 1

Mungaru Male had injected new life into the Kannada industry, too bad there hasn't been a broad base hit like that since. I remember that Mungaru Male had even made inroads into the Mangalore-Udupi-Karwar section where Kannada movies don't normally do well. The ending separated it from the run of the mill romance movies, and the songs (especially "Anisuthide") are still heard by people everyday. Hopefully the Kannada industry delivers another hit like it soon.

True. Before Mungaaru Male.....Jogi was the Biggest Hit In Kannada

It held the spot for 2 Years i guess till MM Dethroned it.

Kannada Film Industry has potential to deliver another MM but like other Industries....People here too like Commercial Movies

Ofcourse they do encourage Different Movies like Lucia SOLS UK Bacchan etc

Watched "Singham Returns". The actual plotline is entertaining, the romantic diversions and the climax are not. The very last scene is basically a remake of

Khakee

No good songs this time around, especially considering that Singham had this song

LOL  :D Yea I was wondering.....broke up???? :o ajay-kajal  :P Rohit Shetty does movies filled with NonSense

How accurate is this? Looks like all nos are rounded off.

Accuracy is the problem in the southern side. At least we have somewhat accurate figures for Bollywood releases but for the regional movies its very hard to find accurate figures. All we have is approx figs...

South Movies box office numbers for the most part are full of it. With the arrival of hollywood studios in India, Bolylwood's numbers are more reliable.

One site claimed Karnataka collection of Kochedaiyaan to be at Rs. 10 Crore. In reality, the total gross for that movie in Karnataka is Rs. 1.3 Crores. So you have take these numbers with grain of salt. Kochedaiyaan may be the biggest flop in Indian movie history.

As far as Kannada movies go, the biggest grosser (unadjusted) is Jogi with Rs. 55 Crores. Mungaru Male is at Rs. 48 Crores. i was informed by Vajreshwari Combines that biggest grosser (unadjusted) in KFI is Om with about Rs. 60 Crores. It grossed about Rs. 25 Crores in its initial release in 1995 and has added the remaining over its 18 year run. Even today, it earns over Rs. 1.5 Crores per year. There are 6 prints available and there is a waiting period of 4 weeks to book the prints. In the last ten years alone, it has made about 20 Crores from its numerous re-releases.

South Movies box office numbers for the most part are full of it. With the arrival of hollywood studios in India, Bolylwood's numbers are more reliable.

One site claimed Karnataka collection of Kochedaiyaan to be at Rs. 10 Crore. In reality, the total gross for that movie in Karnataka is Rs. 1.3 Crores. So you have take these numbers with grain of salt. Kochedaiyaan may be the biggest flop in Indian movie history.

As far as Kannada movies go, the biggest grosser (unadjusted) is Jogi with Rs. 55 Crores. Mungaru Male is at Rs. 48 Crores. i was informed by Vajreshwari Combines that biggest grosser (unadjusted) in KFI is Om with about Rs. 60 Crores. It grossed about Rs. 25 Crores in its initial release in 1995 and has added the remaining over its 18 year run. Even today, it earns over Rs. 1.5 Crores per year. There are 6 prints available and there is a waiting period of 4 weeks to book the prints. In the last ten years alone, it has made about 20 Crores from its numerous re-releases.

Om is an awesome movie, I remember attending the 100 day celebration in a theater in Mangalore back when I was a kid as my dad had passes. Shivrajkumar and Rajkumar had come to Mangalore for that celebration, and no one knew Upendra. He was just walking around talking to everyone and introducing himself as the director, everyone was waiting for Shivrajkumar to make his entrance.

• Like 1

Om is an awesome movie, I remember attending the 100 day celebration in a theater in Mangalore back when I was a kid as my dad had passes. Shivrajkumar and Rajkumar had come to Mangalore for that celebration, and no one knew Upendra. He was just walking around talking to everyone and introducing himself as the director, everyone was waiting for Shivrajkumar to make his entrance.

Nice. You are from Mangalore?. My wife's family is from that area.

Om is a freak of nature. A movie that is still being watched 18 years after its initial release in the theaters all over the state is amazing. Dr. Rajkumar's movies like Sampathige Saval, Bangaradha Manushya, Satya Harishchandra, Shankar Guru, Kasturi Nivasa and several others have had multiple re-releases. Some of them have even completed 100 days and 25 weeks in their re-releases. 

But Om is the only one among movies released in the 90s and after to have this kind of run. HD Kumaraswamy had offered Rs. 10 Crores for the satellite rights and Vajreshwari refused to sell it. That is amazing considering the highest price paid for satellite in KFI is Rs. 6.9 Crores for Ninnindale. 

Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

Nice. You are from Mangalore?. My wife's family is from that area.

Om is a freak of nature. A movie that is still being watched 18 years after its initial release in the theaters all over the state is amazing. Dr. Rajkumar's movies like Sampathige Saval, Bangaradha Manushya, Satya Harishchandra, Shankar Guru, Kasturi Nivasa and several others have had multiple re-releases. Some of them have even completed 100 days and 25 weeks in their re-releases. 

But Om is the only one among movies released in the 90s and after to have this kind of run. HD Kumaraswamy had offered Rs. 10 Crores for the satellite rights and Vajreshwari refused to sell it. That is amazing considering the highest price paid for satellite in KFI is Rs. 6.9 Crores for Ninnindale. 

I didn't think about this till you pointed it out, but yeah, Om has never been telecast on TV. Weird considering how big a hit it was, I don't think DVDs exist either, I once tried searching for DVDs of 80s and 90s movies like Gauri Ganesha, Ganeshana Maduve, Om, Janumada Jodi, and other movies. Could not find Om at all.

I find it strange that the producers would just block all ancillary modes of revenue, especially when there is high demand for them. Om will remain Upendra's best directed movie, it was a classic movie and will probably never be beaten in terms of pure storytelling.

I didn't think about this till you pointed it out, but yeah, Om has never been telecast on TV. Weird considering how big a hit it was, I don't think DVDs exist either, I once tried searching for DVDs of 80s and 90s movies like Gauri Ganesha, Ganeshana Maduve, Om, Janumada Jodi, and other movies. Could not find Om at all.

I find it strange that the producers would just block all ancillary modes of revenue, especially when there is high demand for them. Om will remain Upendra's best directed movie, it was a classic movie and will probably never be beaten in terms of pure storytelling.

I have a feeling that Vajreshwari may soon sell the satellite rights for a phenomenal price. Then the TV telecast and DVDs will follow.