Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Dr Strange is sort of confirming my suspicion that Disney underreports India numbers. 

Strange opening day in India was around ₹33cr+ in around 9000 shows I tracked. There were 3k more shows, would have put total at ₹38cr+. But Disney gave just ₹33cr.

There have been past instances of similar underreporting. Now that I have raw data, can see if there is issue with 3D charges or Disney India is the one underreporting.

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Monday drop is fine in range of Captain Marvel and would have taken it to ₹180cr but TUE drop is eh. Probably ~₹165-170cr full run after ₹96cr weekend.

Damn these legs seem really bad or is that usually the multiplier for MCU movies?

Good trailer. Should be hit.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:06 AM, THUNDER BIRD said:

Bollywood after Bhool Bhulaiya - Reports of my end were greatly exaggerated. 

Yeah Bollywood just need to release funny or grand scale movies which I think sort of been on hold due to covid.

Past 2 years they been releasing more films designed for Netflix or social dramas or films that try to imitate western films. Very few of them had wide appeal.

KGF and RRR were such epic grand scale movies so they connected to audience well however such films had a lot of factors going for them then just being epic. A lot of big budget epic films have crashed and burned since bahubali.

RRR was made by the same person who made Bahubali so audiences were already hooked and its actually a good film with likeable characters.

KGF has a very liked hero and has a cool epic style so it connected well even if its edited so weird.

I personally feel Bahubali really turned the Indian movie scene upside down. 

The scale and scope of that film really made indian audience starve for such films but making such films is very high risk and a lot of effort to make. 

Bollywood double down on making films for the urban crowd so these south movies have become the pan indian blockbusters. Then when they try to make epic big budget films the heros dont connect well with audiences unlike Yash in KGF and Prabass in Bahubali.

Edited by Torontofan

I knew it was doing bad, but holy shit this is an unprecedented disaster: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=6946

Dhaakad has seen horrible collections as the film is struggling to reach the 2 crore nett mark after four days and is one of the biggest disasters of all time. The film has just failed completely with simply no takers. The female action genre has seen very limited success though Phool Bane Angaarey in 1992 was a big HIT. There may well be others but that one comes to mind. 

The genre can still maybe work but you probably need a female star who is very popular. Rekha in 1992 was not the biggest star but was still very popular due the body of work and when you have star like that the correct content will work. Here Kangana Ranuat is not among the top female stars today and the content is also probably poor so results are dreadful.

The exact figures are not known yet but it would be no surprise if it came out with losses of around 70 crore. Here at least the likes of 83 and Zero collected something at the box office due to the hype and some star presence while this film has not collected at all and will suffer similar losses. It is tough Dhaakad to lose as much as those films as the costs are far lower for Dhaakad but it has almost managed the feat. 

Friday - 50,00,000

Saturday - 55,00,000

Sunday - 60,00,000

Monday - 20,00,000

Kinda off-topic but why is film preservation so bad in India? So many official, widely available versions of old films (specifically looking at South Indian films) are ridiculously bad. Only pre-2000s South Indian movie that I've seen with a high quality version was an unofficial 4k scan of a Rajini film made by some Japanese fans of his (that I only found by coincidence on twitter). Is there no one out there in India trying to get new, high quality scans of these old films?

Edited by lorddemaxus

10 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Kinda off-topic but why is film preservation so bad in India? So many official, widely available versions of old films (specifically looking at South Indian films) are ridiculously bad. Only pre-2000s South Indian movie that I've seen with a high quality version was an unofficial 4k scan of a Rajini film made by some Japanese fans of his (that I only found by coincidence on twitter). Is there no one out there in India trying to get new, high quality scans of these old films?

I think things are better for Bollywood than South in this regards. There are many better quality version of older movies available, mostly the popular ones than South.

• Sad 1