Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

22 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

You're posting old pics dude, may be 2-3 days old pics. At present 99-100% seats of imax Royale has been booked & many seats of Club section is also booked.

4 & 4 seats booked at 9:30 AM & 12:30 AM  even now dude.<---- those 4 seats at 12;30 were booked by me.

0 seats booked at 4:25 PM and 8:00 PM still.

I only looked at LASER because I watch movies in LASER only if available. 

As @charlie Jatinder said, those seat that you say are sold, are rather blocked by theatre themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

How does it show on Console? or we reduce that many seats?

We actually do nothing in normal course as the numbers reported are actual sales.

e.g. this was PVR sales today morning

image.png

There are some who scrap BMS and other websites data. There you would have to remove these. e.g. Today morning, there were 82,858 tickets sold in PVR on 1,142 shows in BMS scrapped data. There are around 32K blocked seats in those 1142 shows.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

4 & 4 seats booked at 9:30 AM & 12:30 AM  even now dude.<---- those 4 seats at 12;30 were booked by me.

0 seats booked at 4:25 PM and 8:00 PM still.

I only looked at LASER because I watch movies in LASER only if available. 

As @charlie Jatinder said, those seat that you say are sold, are rather blocked by theatre themselves. 

At 12:50 PM 8 seats are booked now other than those 10 blocked seats, now don't say those extra 4 seats are also booked by you.

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

We actually do nothing in normal course as the numbers reported are actual sales.

e.g. this was PVR sales today morning

image.png

There are some who scrap BMS and other websites data. There you would have to remove these. e.g. Today morning, there were 82,858 tickets sold in PVR on 1,142 shows in BMS scrapped data. There are around 32K blocked seats in those 1142 shows.

Nevermind, I got the answer and thanks for explaining that. I always counted those tickets too but I only scrapped NWH and Endgame before and have never bothered with any Indian movie.

Edited by Shanks

5 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

At 12:50 PM 8 seats are booked now other than those 10 blocked seats, now don't say those extra 4 seats are also booked by you.

Yes bro, 8 seats booked, 4 are mine. Brahmastra is doing great. I am pro hindu and Blind Bhakt. Now, Enjoy and Have a Happy Day.

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

I don't get one thing though - When I was looking at Spiderman NWH's Lucknow data almost all shows were 70-80% full and pre-booked and I don't see even 30% of that in my city. How is it highest pre-sold of post pandemic?  Or it's just my own city?

I can't compare really as I have only tracked NWH and Endgame in my city.

It is highest pre-sold movie from Bollywood. Hollywood is a lot more pre-sales heavy. At same time DSitMoM had 85K tix sold in PVR and 188K in PVR + INOX + Cinepolis for opening day while Brahmastra was 50K in PVR & 95K in PIC. Overall sales were 285K while Brahmastra was around 120K.

NWH was even higher.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 4:13 AM, Torontofan said:

Like imo if movies like war, sanju, padamavat and such released now, maybe they would not made 400-500 cr but they would not have flopped.

Issue with Bollywood is they not made quality big budget content. 

True....these movies wouldn't have done same business for sure now. Among the 3 one was a snoozefest, one was cringe and the other was overhyped 😅

On 9/6/2022 at 6:34 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

I never believed that boycott were the reason. The films were just not good. I didn't like trailer for Brahmastra either, so thought it will join the list.

True trailer was not upto the mark....guess the visual extravaganza(expectation)+(Ranbir+alia)+kesariya helped to reach this level of hype

1 hour ago, John Rambo said:

True....these movies wouldn't have done same business for sure now. Among the 3 one was a snoozefest, one was cringe and the other was overhyped 😅

I think they would have done 200-300 cr at least or more I think. 

Edited by Torontofan

About to go watch Brahmastra in IMAX 3D. No reviews yet as is normal with Bollywood movies as reviews come on Friday. So going in almost blind. Either will be a good or bad decision. I genuinely don't see this movie being average at all. It will either be crazy good or crazy bad, don't see an in between.

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

About to go watch Brahmastra in IMAX 3D. No reviews yet as is normal with Bollywood movies as reviews come on Friday. So going in almost blind. Either will be a good or bad decision. I genuinely don't see this movie being average at all. It will either be crazy good or crazy bad, don't see an in between.

The first 30 minutes of the movie are downright great and the world building is amazing. Unfortunately it loses the plot in the second half and the love story is extremely half baked. There's only one way Alia's character makes any sense but the director doesn't do the obvious there unfortunately.

Also, really didn't expect Bhramastra to actually be a Swades sequel

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Don't make me watch the film. 

I'm only half joking. A character name has been chosen such that we can draw a straight line from Swades to this movie. Basically filling in the blanks as to what happened in the almost 20 years after Swades.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Factcheck said:

Uncle has sworn to ruin Bollywood. One of the most corrupt paid reviewer

Read my review comment, i felt pretty much the same way.

No complaints on the VFX and 3D, they have gone all in on the spectacle, but forgot to make the central love story actually feel believable.

It's just so frustrating because with literally minor tweaks, this could have been huge.

Brahmastra Has Highest Non Holiday Opening Day Of All Time

Brahmastra has had a huge first day as it collects around 35-36 crore nett in all its versions which is the highest opening day in history on a non holiday for original Hindi content.

Seems like its not gonna flop