Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Quite surprised to see Kalki opening so huge in Hindi. I was thinking it might open closer to 8-10Cr in Hindi but seeing the possibility that it might be biggest opener of the year is bit surprising. Entire technicians are new to Hindi audience, there was not many promotions too...the main selling point of movie for Hindi audience seemed to be the huge scale of the movie, Prabhas as lead and well rounded cast in AB, Deepika, Kamal etc. At this point, I think its fair to say Prabhas market in Hindi is better than almost every Bollywood hero except for Khans, Ranbir, Hrithik.

Edited by upriser7

36 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Quite surprised to see Kalki opening so huge in Hindi. I was thinking it might open closer to 8-10Cr in Hindi but seeing the possibility that it might be biggest opener of the year is bit surprising. Entire technicians are new to Hindi audience, there was not many promotions too...the main selling point of movie for Hindi audience seemed to be the huge scale of the movie, Prabhas as lead and well rounded cast in AB, Deepika, Kamal etc. At this point, I think its fair to say Prabhas market in Hindi is better than almost every Bollywood hero except for Khans, Ranbir.

Depends on movie but yeah since bahubali 2 prabhas presence has risen in Bollywood very fast compared to other south heroes

33 minutes ago, Nero said:

Depends on movie but yeah since bahubali 2 prabhas presence has risen in Bollywood very fast compared to other south heroes

Yeah depends on movie but still post-Baahubali2, he had 5 releases with mostly South directors/technicians (except Adipurush) and none of them were holiday releases. Still all movies except Radhe Shyam opened well in Hindi. Saaho was a massive opening day back in 2019, Adipurush became a flop and troll material but it atleast did open quite well on Day1. Salaar opened in mid teens despite clash and now Kalki is opening 20Cr+. He has created a solid market in Hindi, especially in more mass markets.