Cedarpoint1111

Smash - Renewed for Season 2

I thought this was gonna be Glee Two so I wrote it off. But the trailer is out of this world and buzz among those who saw the pilot is incredible. Apparently, this is going to be an amazing show. Uma Thurman is also appearing in several episodes.

You forreal homegirl? Where did you see this? D:

NBC is releasing the Smash pilot early! Few ways you can watch it -

[*]NBC is exhibiting the “Smash” series pilot during consumer screenings in 10 major markets on January 9 in Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland and San Francisco. In Chicago, NBC will have some of the cast and creative team on hand for a Q-n-A after the screening followed by a reception. On January 11, there will also be a focus on the LGBT community at the Outfest Screening in Los Angeles.

[*]From January 15-30, selected American Airlines flights will show in-flight screenings of the pilot.

[*]It is being offered to digital download platforms including Apple iTunes, Amazon Video on Demand, Xbox/Zune, Playstation, Samsung MediaHub and Vudu beginning January 16 through February 6.

[*]From January 16 through February 6, Video on Demand partners, including parent company Comcast, will offer the pilot via Set-Top-Box On Demand.

[*]Beginning January 23 through February 6, online streaming viaNBC.com and Hulu.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/06/nbcs-smash-pilot-to-be-available-early-in-lots-of-ways/115701/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

Seen this and honestly don`t know what to think. I liked it but not as much as I expected after the trailer. Reason being, it`s really 2 shows in one and, well, if you don`t like one of them, sitting through those scenes will be a chore. IMO, this is in the hands of the wrong network. You can just feel that there`s far juicier show in there trying to break out but can`t because someone thinks that injecting family and moral values in a show that should have been deliciously trashy and racy is a good idea. Well, it is not. I`m sorry but I really don`t care about family shit that happens outside of putting up the musical. Those scenes are what makes the pilot watchable (and some scenes are downright great), not bloody relatives of the key people.Speaking of the cast, like any ensamble show, there are characters who are more interesting and those who are less. Out of,like, 7-8 people that seem to be the focus, I only found 3 that I thought were worth following week after week - Karen, the smalltown girl with big dreams, Ivy, the trashy backburner player who wants to be the star, and Derick, the trashy director. These three will also create a love triangle I think which is for better cause poor Karen has an insufferable boyfriend. The guy is so fuckin supportive that senior citizens could use him as a cane when they go for a walk. And the couple`s scenes are so cringe-worthy and loaded with sugar that you could get diabetes just by watching them. Honestly, if they took sugar bride and groom from the wedding cake and shoot a movie with them, it would be less syrupy than these two.In general, all characters are fuckin stereotypes to the core. Bubbly smalltown girl with amazing talent? Check. Older pro sick of waiting for a chance that never comes and ready to do whatever it takes? Check. Couch casting director? Check. Workacholic woman who can`t find time for her family? Check. Gay bff? Check. Supportive boyfriend? Check. Overbearing parents? Check. Etc. I mean, actors are good but those roles are so cliche and outside of the three mentioned above totally thankless. Like supportive bf and gay bff, how more thankless that shit can be? Oh, and "gay" guy cannot possibly be gay. He`s a fuckin scarecrow. Only frustrated single crones like Sasha Stone are desperate enough to hook up with something like that. Gay men never. Better taste and not desperate enough.So I really have no clue how this will turn out. Family shit is really uninteresting, while stuff related to the musical is good to great. I guess itl`l take me couple more episodes to decide.

Edited by fishnets