Cedarpoint1111

Smash - Renewed for Season 2

The guy is so fuckin supportive that senior citizens could use him as a cane when they go for a walk. And the couple`s scenes are so cringe-worthy and loaded with sugar that you could get diabetes just by watching them. Honestly, if they took sugar bride and groom from the wedding cake and shoot a movie with them, it would be less syrupy than these two.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was a good review Fishnets, I wish there were more people like you. Straight to the point.Anyways, I haven't seen it yet, but what you are saying is that you like the show but there's some family parts that need to go. I agree with you. I thought the show was supposed to be what goes on behind the scenes of a broadway musical. As far as I know, it isn't pretty. Hopefully they make it more edgy and risque the way it is supposed to be.

CEDAR, first half is really slow. And I mean really. I get that they are trying to introduce characters but that could have been done much better and straight to the point instead of tossing a lot of deadweight into the first episode that is supposed to hook you from the get go. But when things pick up, they really do and the finish is very strong and worth the wait...presuming you didn`t give up after first 20-30 minutes.Iceroll, the show is definitely NOT targeting kids and teens. All characters are mature and there are no teens among principal cast though they may stray into developing subplot for Julie`s son or something who had,like, 3-4 lines in the pilot but he is there so you never know.

I just watched the pilot online, I kind of agree with fishnet's review. There are definitely quite a few cliches and boring characters, but they only had 43 minutes to develop and show their personality so IMO the pilot is not a good judge. From the previews, the next few episodes look pretty interesting but I hope they don't drag it out too much. The should would be very boring if they spent the entire season choosing a Marylin.

The pilot's a free download on iTunes. It has plenty of promise, but I'm worried it's going to fall into the Studio 60 trap of taking its behind the scenes goings-ons too seriously for the show to be any fun. I'll keep watching until it inevitably becomes insufferable.

The pilot's a free download on iTunes.It has plenty of promise, but I'm worried it's going to fall into the Studio 60 trap of taking its behind the scenes goings-ons too seriously for the show to be any fun. I'll keep watching until it inevitably becomes insufferable.

I think that non-behind the scenes stuff is going to be even more insufferable. I don`t know if you downloaded the sizzle reel as well but it looks like there will be a lot of predictable soap opera. Julia runs into her former love interest or something, oh the drama. Director bangs Ivy but trains Karen to be Marilyn. How Black Swan. Etc.NBC created a whole Amazon forrest of plants who hyped this as the second coming.I think this will go The Devil Inside route. Edited by fishnets

The preview reel didn't impress me either. Doesn't look like the characters are going to become any less stereotypical.Ratings-wise, god knows NBC needs a hit, but I'm not sure this is it. Seems like it's at heart a show for a narrow demographic (again, Studio 60). Glee was all the rage with teenagers and even that had a finite audience (one that's dropping off quite a bit now). This won't be nearly as big, and it's on NBC to boot...I kept thinking during the pilot how interesting it would be if they brought on Michelle Williams as herself in an episode. The movie will be on the minds of plenty of viewers, I'm sure.

NBC is definitely the wrong network for the job. This is adults-targeting show so HBO would be perfect cause it would allow the show to be raunchy. This doesn`t seem to have embraced its own potential for trashy fun but is playing rather tame. Oh,well, what to expect from Spielberg production.

HBO running a show like Smash would be terrific. Not because it would be raunchier- though it would be, without the raunchiness even being a problem- but they would let the creators succeed with their show or let them run it into the ground themselves. I get the feeling that NBC will be trying to milk anything they can out of Smash.

I saw the pilot during my third block today in school. Omg, I loved it. Am I the only one who absolutely loved it? While I agree about the scenes with Karen and her man were decent/nothing special, I still thought it was fantastic. I thought the music was great. Amazing. Katherine McPhee is such an amazing singer. BEAUTIFUL voice. I loved Ivy, Derek, Messing's character, and Houston's character too. :P

McPhee was excellent both as an actress and singer. She`s also very beautiful. I hope this Clicheville gives her carrer a boost so she can go onto something really worthwhile, Les Miserables for example. I can`t believe they want Taylor Swift as Eponine! OK, ANYONE is better than grating, annoying, arritating, just-lemme-shoot-her-in-the-head Lea Michele, but c`mon!

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

McPhee was excellent both as an actress and singer. She`s also very beautiful. I hope this Clicheville gives her carrer a boost so she can go onto something really worthwhile, Les Miserables for example. I can`t believe they want Taylor Swift as Eponine! OK, ANYONE is better than grating, annoying, arritating, just-lemme-shoot-her-in-the-head Lea Michele, but c`mon!

Right? She is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing. Katherine McPhee is a STAR. And yes! She is perfection. She'd be perfect on Broadway. And haha, but I love Lea Michele. :P

I thought the pilot was really good. The exposition was a little too much, but it's the pilot so I can forgive them for that. And although some characters may be cliches, at least they approach it realistically. None of the characters are cartoonish. What isn't considered a cliche nowadays anyway?The production is excellent, the story is intriguing, the music is great, and the performances are top notch. And at the end of the day, for a show like this, that is all that matters. Anjelica Huston and Jack Davenport deliver here, and Katherine Mcphee is an extremely talented lady with an amazing voice. And as a bonus, she's gorgeous. If the show is a hit she will probably become a big star.

Edited by cratos

I thought the pilot was really good. The exposition was a little too much, but it's the pilot so I can forgive them for that. And although some characters may be cliches, at least they approach it realistically.

Lol,wut? Nobody auditions for Marilyn singing that mega cliche Beautiful and gets a callback. No 20something chick who bangs her boyfriend would not know that when director calls you to his pad late at night it means couch casting. These are just two glarinlgy unrealistic, only-on-TV scenes that would never ever happen in real life.

Katherine Mcphee is an extremely talented lady with an amazing voice. And as a bonus, she's gorgeous. If the show is a hit she will probably become a big star.

She`ll be big even if the show tanks. She is really a multi-talent and extremly beautiful to boot.

Lol,wut? Nobody auditions for Marilyn singing that mega cliche Beautiful and gets a callback. No 20something chick who bangs her boyfriend would not know that when director calls you to his pad late at night it means couch casting. These are just two glarinlgy unrealistic, only-on-TV scenes that would never ever happen in real life.She`ll be big even if the show tanks. She is really a multi-talent and extremly beautiful to boot.

She got a callback because the director liked her and saw something special in her. It's not unheard of. He wanted someone new, innocent, and refreshing, and he saw all those qualities in her. He even commented about how he thought it was amusing how she she came in singing that song and without doing Marilyn, but assured her that kind of thing would only get her so far. In other words, she needs to start showing that she can be sexy, that she can belt broadway songs. And I think Karen is supposed to be really naive, new to the broadway world, learning as she goes along, that's who her character is. "a 20 something yr old who bangs her boyfriend?" lol what? Just because she isn't a virgin, doesn't mean she's the most wise, experienced, or sensible person! And like you said, this is a TV show, it you want complete realism, go watch a documentary. Edited by cratos