#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

People with the munchies eat all kinds of crazy stuff. :ph34r:

There's a state fair going on in Dallas, and my friends want to go cause they wanna eat all-things-everything-fried. Texans are crazy about fried food :lol:
  • Like 2

There's a state fair going on in Dallas, and my friends want to go cause they wanna eat all-things-everything-fried. Texans are crazy about fried food :lol:

I tried fried twinkies and cheesecake at a fair last year. There just comes a point where you have to say enough. Tried one bite of the cheesecake and tossed it but some of my friends devoured it.

• Like 1

What you're looking at is deep fried sticks of butter, covered in powdered sugar. This is what we've come to as a species.

Posted Image

I think eating that will sent me straight to ER with a heart attack.
  • Like 1

So I went to the theater ready to fork over 18 bucks to see Gravity in IMAX 3D but then I saw the Runner Runner poster. Justin Timberlake with a gun! The always beautiful Gemma Arterton! The new Bruce Wayne! How could this not be great? I went to the register and made the very conscious decision to pay 8 bucks for Runner Runner instead. My review below:

Yeah I totally saw Gravity and by the looks of it, everybody in the theater was prepared to go see Gravity in the IMAX. The theater was at about 90% capacity with 20 minutes to go. Got some very cool trailers, including Walter Mitty, Thor: The Dark World, Captain Phillips, and The Hobbit.

As for the film itself....what a thrilling experience. It's beautiful, it's emotional, and it's intense. Everybody does stellar work, including Bullock, Clooney, and the MVP of the movie, the Indian Guy Emmanuel Lubezki! The score would occasionally get overbearing, and some of the symbolism was a bit on the nose (dat fetal position shot), but technically, it felt as flawless as could be. The long take in the beginning pretty much had me enthralled from the get go. I'm a huge sucker for those takes. I guess the other thing that was slightly bothersome is that the film goes through a case of severe Murphy's Law in the middle stretch of the movie, but it sure did make for an intense portion. The really emotional final 20 minutes felt more cathartic as a result, even if some people dislike the happy ending.

Also didn't realize Ed Harris was Mission Control. That's awesome.

• Like 3

Thats the burden of having the highest standard of living in the world and a shitload of Nazi gold.

If only I was paid a Swiss salary :(

Everyone here is loaded. Even if you have an entry level customer service job, you're making 70,000 USD per year minimum. The cost of living is crazy high but the salaries and benefits more than make up for it. And the people here are not shy about spending it. They're living comfortable and they know it (not necessarily a bad thing).