baumer

Tarzan (1999)

13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Tarzan works as a finale movie in a sorts to the Disney Renaissance. It brings back elements of all the past ones, most notably Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King, and it really works as a whole cohesive bit. It also is a Disney musical in the vaguest sense of the world, being wonderfully set to Phil Collins' delightful songs. Tarzan is an enjoyable Disney flick, but fails to rise to anything more than that, but it doesn't need to; it will still be loved by generations to come as the definite film for the King of the Apes. B-

LOL, I'm the review right above this one.

What needs to be said is Tarzan's animation is the best that has ever been seen in a feature film, especially Glen Keane's supervising animation of Tarzan and Ken Duncan's animation of Jane.

I wish that the studio could have continued to make movies this way, but the executives eventually decided that people only wanted to see CG movies. Quite the asinine decision, because audiences were rejecting Disney's movies at that point because they were subpar movies, not because they were 2D.

Spoiler alert, this will be my #1 in top animated movies @cannastop. It also happens to be in my top 5 movies of all time (I don't have a definite spot because the top 5 always switch around).

Beautiful, amazing film that is sadly underappreciated in terms of just how good it is. Also has my all time favourite soundtrack for any film ever.

• Like 1