grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

• Founder / Operator

Some weekend multipliers:

Iron Man - 83.3M

The Incredible Hulk - 81.6M

Thor - 81.5M

The Avengers - 81.1M

Captain America: The First Avenger - 80.0M

Iron Man 3 - 79.9M

Iron Man 2 - 79.0M

Amazing consistency. No more than a 5.5% differential between 7 movies.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

We shall see, sir! I need $190 million... I think it can get there pending word of mouth from general audience.

I still think holiday legs could help... a little.

That's one factor to consider. Not sure though. Katniss will surely steal the thunder from this one.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

That's one factor to consider. Not sure though. Katniss will surely steal the thunder from this one.

I think the jury's out there. Not sensing a TDKR-like overwhelming appeal for CF that hurt TASM last year. It might actually be kinda smart: Thor for the guys, CF for the ladies.

I think the jury's out there. Not sensing a TDKR-like overwhelming appeal for CF that hurt TASM last year. It might actually be kinda smart: Thor for the guys, CF for the ladies.

Catching Fire has male appeal though. The good news for Thor is that the next week is Thanksgiving leading to a soft drop. 

• Founder / Operator

Catching Fire has male appeal though. The good news for Thor is that the next week is Thanksgiving leading to a soft drop. 

It has way more male appeal than something like Twilight, I agree, but I've seen some tracking info that puts CF quite female-intensive while Thor leans male. The tie-breaker: kids and families will opt for Thor, especially during holidays.

• Like 1

Families didn't prevent IM3 from dropping 50% against one of the oldest skewing blockbusters in recent history. And Hunger Games pretty thoroughly destroyed the very male skewing John Carter.

Of course, WOM is probably better for Thor 2 than that monstrous bomb, but then I'm pretty sure CF will be bigger than HG. :P

Edited by Biggestgeekever