grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

What about this from stats

Posted Image

This isn't true when your "sample size" is not carefully selected. Do you think Nielsen just randomly chooses the first 25 000 homes it encounters in the USA to determine ratings for the whole country? There's an very important selective process in statistics for that table you found to be valid, and that doesn't apply to IMDB. While it applies to Nielsen for example. 

• Like 3

Saw The World's End. I liked it less now the second time, but its still a really entertaining movie. Very positive 3,5/5 for me. They throw a million jokes at you at a huge speed so you get a bunch of bad ones in there too, but the characters were more fully realized than in Shaun or Hot Fuzz.

Edited by Jack Nevada

Saw The World's End. I liked it less now the second time, but its still a really entertaining movie. Very positive 3,5/5 for me. They throw a million jokes at you at a huge speed so you get a bunch of bad ones in there too, but the characters were more fully realized than in Shaun or Hot Fuzz.

Didn't like that one at all.

I saw it once and I loved it. 

I watched Hot Fuzz for the first time just recently, thought that it's not as good as TWE, though I couldn't remember much of anything from TWE tbh. Maybe I should give it a rewatch.

Edited by Sam

Apart from Avengers, SW, Batman, Hunger Games, I will never understand how an 80 million+ opening is a disappointment.

It's not, not at all.

Now can people be disappointed it dropped from estimates...sure.

The opening itself however is not a disappointment. It's 29% greater than the prior installment!!! So by mathematical anaylsis it's clearly NOT disappointing. 

It's like the freaking STiD thing all over again. The crowd championing $120m and the built in haters then fall into the same camp suddenly to create a noisy cacophony of WWW, this is such a disaster camp that those looking at the reality of the situation are too stunned(by and large) to grab them by the shoulders and shout "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

• Like 7

It's not, not at all.Now can people be disappointed it dropped from estimates...sure.The opening itself however is not a disappointment. It's 29% greater than the prior installment!!! So by mathematical anaylsis it's clearly NOT disappointing. It's like the freaking STiD thing all over again. The crowd championing $120m and the built in haters then fall into the same camp suddenly to create a noisy cacophony of WWW, this is such a disaster camp that those looking at the reality of the situation are too stunned(by and large) to grab them by the shoulders and shout "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Quoted for truth.
  • Like 1

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice 27s

Oh, how the mighty have fallen--2 1/2 years ago, 3D accounted for 60% of the domestic debut for THOR, while THOR 2 hit just 39%.

This means Thor 2's attendance was up even higher from the first one :D

Thor 2 did pretty close to what the people who actually report on the film industry projected it would do. And they are calling it a sucess for Marvel studios.

I will take the views of prople who are paid for their knowledge of the film business over a bunch of fanboys and people who know NOTHING about the film business any day of the week.

Agreed that anybody calling a 86 Million dollar OW a failure does not know what they are talking about.Not to mention Thor 2 is doing very well overseas.

People here really need to get a grip on reality.

Thor 2 did pretty close to what the people who actually report on the film industry projected it would do. And they are calling it a sucess for Marvel studios.

I will take the views of prople who are paid for their knowledge of the film business over a bunch of fanboys and people who know NOTHING about the film business any day of the week.

Agreed that anybody calling a 86 Million dollar OW a failure does not know what they are talking about.Not to mention Thor 2 is doing very well overseas.

Who specifically are you talking to? Some mystery strawman?

• Like 1

What? I don't remember anyone here calling its opening weekend a failure. :huh:

Edited by Empire

I think he's been reading some of the reactions to a possible 70m OW.

Also the fact that people are disappointed in the numbers not because they think it's a failure. They are thinking in terms of their predictions, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY

In the actuals thread. It went down from estimates though.

Actuals is 85.7M. There's a thread for it.

I asked because a few pages back there was some moaning about an $84M estimate. The actual total was only $400K lower than the estimate. It's all good.  :)