grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

So sat is around 31-32 million?

Wow Marvel movies and Saturdays Jeezh 

Nothing to do with Marvel movies specifically, this is how November Saturdays behave. "Skyfall" increased 11% from Friday (incl. Midnights) last year: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=bond23.htm

Was hoping this would follow suit, but staying flat is also good.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Awesome Saturday!

Right in line with my prediction for the weekend of 85-90m.

Now let's see that Sunday hold.

You were saying there's little sell out earlier, but it's doing well in Texas. I have lots of friends plan on seeing it today so that's in line with what you posted. 

So this is the way Marvel films will perform from here on out? It's a clear pattern emerging.

If I don't have to attend a convention, I would go see it today. So it's a pattern for me too, lol. 

• Like 1

Nothing to do with Marvel movies specifically, this is how November Saturdays behave. "Skyfall" increased 11% from Friday (incl. Midnights) last year: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=bond23.htm

Was hoping this would follow suit, but staying flat is also good.

Well it's clear Marvel movies movie do it too. Avengers, IM3 did it as well. So you can't say it has nothing to do with it.

Nothing to do with Marvel movies specifically,

Looks at all time Sat grosses...

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Single Day Gross Theaters Average Date / Days in Release Gross to Date* Final Gross* 1 Marvel's The Avengers BV $69,557,990 4,349 $15,994 5/05/12 2 $150.4 $623.4 2 Iron Man 3 BV $62,273,218 4,253 $14,642 5/04/13 2 $131.1 $409.0 3 Spider-Man 3 Sony $51,336,732 4,252 $12,074 5/05/07 2 $111.2 $336.5

:D

• Like 1

You were saying there's little sell out earlier, but it's doing well in Texas. I have lots of friends plan on seeing it today so that's in line with what you posted. 

If I don't have to attend a convention, I would go see it today. So it's a pattern for me too, lol. f I don't have to attend a convention, I would go see it today. So it's a pattern for me too, lol. 

Sell outs picked up locally somewhat for late evening shows here. But nothing like the Texas where each show was selling out starting from 4pm.

• Like 1

Some of the Thor 2 clubs are really crazy, on both ends of the spectrum.

OW over 120M (originally over 150M)

Total over 286M

Worldwide total over Hobbit

Domestic under Twilight

Wondering if people really overestimated the "Avengers Effect" with respect to Thor. No clubs for even a 100M figure because (reading comments in threads) "100M is a mortal lock".

Weirdly, no one made a "Gravity over Thor 2" club.

Some of the Thor 2 clubs are really crazy, on both ends of the spectrum.

OW over 120M (originally over 150M)

Total over 286M

Worldwide total over Hobbit

Domestic under Twilight

Wondering if people really overestimated the "Avengers Effect" with respect to Thor. No clubs for even a 100M figure because (reading comments in threads) "100M is a mortal lock".

Weirdly, no one made a "Gravity over Thor 2" club.

LOL Those clubs. I predicted 85-90m and stuck with it. No way I could see it increasing (120m) that much even with Avengers effect. 20m is a lot to increase OW.

Edited by ECSTASY

LOL, I remembered BO.com projected a 91M opening, and I told Shawn that I think that's high. But then some of my fellow Marvel fans didn't agree (still love you druv  :D) I think you guys just got too carried away  ^_^

OS performance is good though, pretty in line with general expectations. 

• Like 1