grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

So... any other movies at the box office this week? 12YAS, About Time, 2nd weekend of Ender's Game, Last Vegas, or even the really strong Bad Grandpa... No?? I thought as much  :P

Bad Grandpa should have a great hold. I saw some sell outs for that one.

I'm talking about before the number was posted. The thread was full of talk about all kind of stuff.

It was people waiting for the number I guess. Once everyone got a number, they went to sleep. Midnight Pacific Time now, so assuming the Eastern, Central and Mountain time folk are done for the day.

Big games tomorrow, Man Utd vs Arsenal, Cincinnati vs Baltimore, Dallas vs New Orleans, Federer vs Nadal. Good day to be a sports fan.

• Like 1

It was people waiting for the number I guess. Once everyone got a number, they went to sleep. Midnight Pacific Time now, so assuming the Eastern, Central and Mountain time folk are done for the day.

Big games tomorrow, Man Utd vs Arsenal, Cincinnati vs Baltimore, Dallas vs New Orleans, Federer vs Nadal. Good day to be a sports fan.

I keep forgetting about time zones. LOL there are still shows left.

Was just checking on Catching Fire showtimes at AMC Century City, and Arclight Hollywood, and the shows already seem pretty full. Can't say for sure, but I think a 160M+ opening should happen. 

Not being in 3D will hurt it for sure. Thor tickets are 17$ at Century City and 19$ at the Arclight dome, but Catching Fire tickets are 13.50$ and 16$, an average of 3$ less.

• Like 1

Was just checking on Catching Fire showtimes at AMC Century City, and Arclight Hollywood, and the shows already seem pretty full. Can't say for sure, but I think a 160M+ opening should happen. 

Not being in 3D will hurt it for sure. Thor tickets are 17$ at Century City and 19$ at the Arclight dome, but Catching Fire tickets are 13.50$ and 16$, an average of 3$ less.

grim, why do you have so little faith in CF? How dare you estimate anything less than 180-190m?

• Like 1

I think it will open to 170m or more.

grim, why do you have so little faith in CF? How dare you estimate anything less than 180-190m?

You have opened my eyes. I just had a vision that CF will be the biggest thing since sliced bread (what was the biggest thing before sliced bread?). 50M midnights, 50M Friday, 65M Saturday, 45M Sunday. 210M OW.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1