ecstasy

Wednesday Numbers 11/13/2013-Thor 2 Mighty Drop $3,565,731

So what are you guys predicting for Best Man Holiday? I honestly have no idea, the reviews haven't been horrible so far.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-box-office-thor-best-man-holiday-20131114,0,7478412.story

"Thor: The Dark World" will steal "The Best Man Holiday's" thunder at the box office this weekend.

After debuting with a healthy $85.7 million, the 3-D superhero sequel is expected to collect at least an additional $40 million during its second weekend in theaters, according to those who have seen pre-release audience surveys. Providing the only other competition is the only new wide release "The Best Man Holiday," a modestly budgeted sequel aimed at African Americans poised to debut with a robust $23 million. (Universal Pictures, which is distributing the film, is predicting an opening of around $17 million.)

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

#BestManHoliday outselling #Thor on @Fandango today. Also outpacing ThinkLikeAMan & MadeaGoesToJail which both opened $30M+.

They are doing really well on Twitter, at least from what I see. All of the cast members have done Twitter Q&As over the past couple of weeks to reach out to their audience. A modest mid-20s take won't surprise me.

Perhaps the audience for Thor hasn't expanded. It's just more front-loaded.Using Skyfall bumps for the 2nd weekend, I got $25.4 million for Thor 2's 2nd weekend. :dunce: :sadno:Thursday - $3.21m (I predict a 10% drop)Friday - $7.6mSaturday - $10.9mSunday - $6.9m

I would laugh for days if this cinematic abortion only grossed that much this weekend. It may be able to squeak past $30M but it needs to gross much less than that in order for Marvel and Disney to receive the message that moviegoers demand a good story and a good film - neither of which Thor 2 offers. Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 2

I would laugh for days if this cinematic abortion only grossed that much this weekend. It may be able to squeak past $30M but it needs to gross much less than that in irder for Marvel and Disney to receive the message moviegoers demand a good story and a good film - neither of which this film offers.

That's why the Transformer movies were so successful right? You think moviegoers in general actually care about story?Besides it's better than the first.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Thor: The Dark World - 34.28

The Best Man Holiday - 27.5

Free Birds - 7.77

Last Vegas - 7.17

Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa - 6.8

12 Years a Slave - 6.6

Gravity - 5.54

Ender's Game - 5.12

About Time - 4.0

Captain Phillips - 3.8
Edited by lilmac

That's interesting. Can someone with BO savvy explain whether that means anything?

It's gonna have a terrific PTA. Think Like A Man opened in 2,015 theaters, averaging $16,693. Best Man opening in 2,024, I'm guessing $13-14,000 average. Let's say about $27M.

• Like 3

Transformers had a better storyline than Thor.

Transformers was hard to follow. There was too much going on (I actually don't hate the first one BTW).

Thor and Thor: The Dark World have much more simpler straight forward story IMO.

Edited by Fancyarcher

That's why the Transformer movies were so successful right? You think moviegoers in general actually care about story?Besides it's better than the first.

Isn't that like saying Minnie's special pie for Miss Hilly in The Help would taste better with a scoop of ice cream? Either way, it is still crap. Edited by LonePirate