Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

I think Best Man Holiday will increase as well. Sell outs are still strong for Saturday and are starting earlier.

Maybe, but African American themed movies don't tend to increase on Saturday, unless their inspirational dramas (and even then though tend to target a wider audience).

Edited by Fancyarcher

TBMH is a comedy in the same vein Funny People is a comedy, though Best Man is both much funnier and much more emotionally effective.

I haven't seen Funny People. I was trying to think of a movie it was like. But I just can't call this a comedy like Think Like a Man or a Madea movie. I cried too much watching this one.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Maybe, but African American themed movies don't tend to increase on Saturday, unless their inspirational dramas (and even then though tend to target a wider audience).

Well there isn't an African American movie like this you can compare it with. I'm just going by the sell outs I see anyway. Not basing it on any comparable statistics. It could decrease but if it does, I don't think it will be by much.

Edited by ECSTASY

Well there isn't an African American movie like this you can compare it with. I'm just going by the sell outs I see anyway. Not basing it on any comparable statistics. It could decrease but if it does, I don't think it will be by much.

Fair enough.

I think TBMH either stays flat or increases slightly....it sold out a ton last night but tonight it started selling out earlier, sold out just as much in the evening, and added a ton of shows to the back end, indicating heavy late night demand. I say it does right around 11, and so close to 30 for the weekend its unfair. WOM is off the chain for this, and that has nothing to do with CS for me.

• Like 1

I think people are seeing "black ensemble comedy" and giving it the same IM and legs as something like Think Like A Man, when in reality it's a holiday movie and it hasn't even hit Thanksgiving yet. It should play very well throughout the season, with a lack of true holiday films and the great WOM. I think 100 is a strong possibility.

• Like 1

I think people are seeing "black ensemble comedy" and giving it the same IM and legs as something like Think Like A Man, when in reality it's a holiday movie and it hasn't even hit Thanksgiving yet. It should play very well throughout the season, with a lack of true holiday films and the great WOM. I think 100 is a strong possibility.

Actually "Black Nativity" is targeting a similar "Black ensemble movie" as well the "Holiday movie" niche. Then "Madea's Christmas" also comes out with the same audience and holiday movie thing going on. 

But yes, looks like TBMH will be the leggier one among the three.

Actually "Black Nativity" is targeting a similar "Black ensemble movie" as well the "Holiday movie" niche. Then "Madea's Christmas" also comes out with the same audience and holiday movie thing going on. 

But yes, looks like TBMH will be the leggier one among the three.

Man, even black folks think Black Nativity looks corny as fuck. Nas is the man but that ain't gonna be too much a hit.

Madea will do very well but TBMH would be very close to 100 by Dec. 13 anyway

I don't think I've ever seen estimates this early on a Saturday.

Nikki and Mason would post Saturday estimates and than last year Rth started with TA but so far this year we're lucky if get something by early Sunday morning.