Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

A bit of both. I loved Thor 2 - did not expect to love it that much. Obviously, Loki made the film. TDKR was a huge disappointment.

Compared to TDK? Definitely. But compare Thor 2 to TDK then compare TDKR to Thor 2. I dunno, I take films on their own merits, despite what I was hoping they would be. The extreme exception to that rule would be Batman & Robin, which I took personally.

Still waiting for a film to blow away the 22+ million tickets (I think it was 22) of Avengers, TDK & Spider-man 3 ... just doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon ... I don't see TA2 doing so, maybe equaling it.

TA2 could drop. Catching Fire might drop and TDKR dropped in admissions. 

• Like 1

Compared to TDK? Definitely. But compare Thor 2 to TDK then compare TDKR to Thor 2. I dunno, I take films on their own merits, despite what I was hoping they would be. The extreme exception to that rule would be Batman & Robin, which I took personally.

I rate films on how much I enjoyed them. Thor 2 has daylight on TDKR as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Yeah ... it probably has nowhere to go but down.  By that time, given inflation it would likely have to do over 225 million to equal tickets for TA.

I am thinking a 215m it could be higher due to Thursday previews. Marvel might try do the Wal Mart thing, 

that is TDK

but

The Avengers > TDK and its not even a close call

what is 

Tarzan level opinions?

The Avengers was awesome the first time I saw it ... the enjoyment lessens each time when I realize that I'm just waiting for the team to assemble and go to New York.