iceroll

Box Office Forums Official "36 WORST Films of All Time" Deadline TONIGHT!

With all the doom and gloom on here lately, I thought it might be a good idea to channel that into a list of the worst movies, as voted by boxoffice.com forum members.

Please submit a list of the 36 worst films you've ever seen.  However there are 2 rules:

1. You must have actually seen the movie.

Or at least made an attempt, no putting down Paris Hilton's "The Hottie and the Nottie" if you haven't seen any of it.  Watching it partially, say at least half an hour still counts.

2. No voting for other related or franchise movies if you've only see one movie in the series.

I.e. If you saw Twilight and Twilight only, you can't include New Moon, Eclipse, BD1 or BD2 unless you go and watch (at least part of) them.

Please submit your lists to me by Private Message, although you're free to posts your lists here too.

Deadline: December 15, 11:59 PM.

Some inspiration:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/50-worst-movies-ever/

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst

Also: If anyone wants to give short blurbs about why you included certain films in your list feel free (and I encourage it :)) I can include them for the final list.

Edited by Catching Iceroll
  • Like 1

Scoring System:

1: 10 points

2: 9 points

3: 8 points

4-6: 7 points

7-10: 6 points

11-15: 5 points

16-20: 4 points

21-25: 3 points

26-30: 2 points

30-36: 1 point

To encourage full lists, I'll subtract 1 point from each movie if it's less than 36.

Edited by Catching Iceroll
  • Like 1

If your list is less than 36 entries, I'll count the first entry as the 36 - n # entry.  For example, if your list is 20 movies long, #1 would be in position 16 and get 4 points, and so on. 

Surely it should just follow scoring as usual? Aka, #20 in a list of 20 would get the same amount of points as #20 in a full list. It doesn't make much sense that the top choices of someone who didn't completely complete a full list of 36 should somehow be worth less.

• Like 1

Surely it should just follow scoring as usual? Aka, #20 in a list of 20 would get the same amount of points as #20 in a full list. It doesn't make much sense that the top choices of someone who didn't completely complete a full list of 36 should somehow be worth less.

I want people to submit full points, I'll change it to deducting 1 point from each movie in the list.

I'm going to make a list of really bad films I've seen.  I'm going to post them here.  It'll help me.

In no particular order:

Stan Helsing

Halloween II (2009)

Halloween (2007)

Basic Instinct 2

Celebrity

Charlie's Angels 2

Cold Creek Manor

Flightplan

Men In Black 2

What to Expect When You're Expecting

Killing Them Softly

The Artist

Rubber

Hobo With a Shotgun

Sex and the City 2

Machete

My Soul to Take

Hellboy II

Meet the Spartans

An American Carol

The Strangers

Lady in the Water

Truth or Dare A Critical Madness

That's My Boy

Littleman

Battlefield Earth

Made in America

Female Trouble

200 Cigarettes

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Kill Bill Vol 1

Batman Returns

Thin Red Line

Magnolia

Vampires Suck

CITIZEN KANE (suck it)

Delivery Man

Friday the 13th Part VIII

Nightmare on Elm Street 2

Dumb and Dumberer

Babel

Epic Movie

Date Movie

CARS 2

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Blair Witch Project 2

On going

Edited by baumer
  • Like 3

That Empire list is beyond ridiculous.  Spiderman 3, Matrix Revolutions and pretty much every film listed there are disappointments not worst films ever.  Have these people never seen Plan 9 From Outer Space?