lilmac

Monday Numbers (Actuals: Hunger Games-$3.4m, FRZ-$2.4m, Thor2-$0.53m, Homefront-$0.503m)

Since MoS has been brought up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/25185005

Robert Pattinson has lost his world's sexiest man title to fellow British actor Henry Cavill, according to Glamour magazine.

The former Twilight star, 27, had won the award for the last four years.

But the British actor has slipped to second place behind the new Superman, Man of Steel, star.

Australian actor Liam Hemsworth, who recently broke-up with Miley Cyrus, is third in Glamour's annual sexiest men poll, voted for by 95,000 people.

Edited by grim22

Lol Jack and others who took bad meds putting FN in the same category of TLK.That is a crime... Lion King is epic, its also adjusts to biggest multiplier of any of toon in this era.It was grand a milestone , that so many people felt it and Forrest Gump should have tied for best picture!I want to see anyone give FN that type of praise! :0) (And this is a FN fan :)) Lets face itthe Lion King is disney's greatest animated film and in their top 3 greatest films of all time. :) " The king will always be SIMBA!"

This post is Sooo true! Awesome to see you think that as well, Kal. :)Lion King is my third favorite Disney movie after Dumbo and Jungle Book.

There is some debate over whether Mulan or Tarzan marked the end of the Disney renaissance. I have always thought it was Mulan but I can see the Tarzan angle.

If your looking at it box office wise, Fantasia 2000 ended it because of it's poor box office. Critically, Atlantis ended it.

Here Frozen will be Walt Disney feature animation's biggest hit since the the Lion King

Alright fine.   :)

I will add that the Beauty and the Beast post-Christmas jump was one for the ages.  There was no internet around to talk about it.   :(  :unsure:

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

That's different.  They were following mojo at the time and they did it just to spite us.   :)

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2009-07-15&track=terminatorsalvation.htm

13 TERMINATOR SALVATION

Warner Bros.

221 $34,504

-50.4% / $156

$123,142,908 / 54 $34,607

+0.3% / $157

$123,177,515 / 55 $104,225

+201.2% / $472

$123,281,740 / 56 $66,958

The reason wed & thur so high is because it was doubled with HP:HBP in lot of drive-in (in domestic only 100% GBO for doubles/triples at drive-in etc gets added to each title)

• Like 7

The reason wed & thur so high is because it was doubled with HP:HBP in lot of drive-in (in domestic only 100% GBO for doubles/triples at drive-in etc gets added to each title)

That... makes sense.

How come? If it's money that the movie made and they had estimates from Wednesday-Sunday, how come they can't just move dollars around if it ultimately ends with same amount? I've been really curious about that for years.

In a nutshell they have to keep money contain within the film the most significant difference comes from the add 100% of the GBO to  each title in a double/triple feature scenario (which of cause from the accounting side doesn't work that way when it comes to the final  BO collection and rental payments by the theatre) and with missing theatres from tracking you can't add to much to the tracking total.

That... makes sense.

Not really...counted as 100% for both? That's fudging of the highest order since they're essentially putting in money that is just not there. That would mean Spider-Man made 410m, since it was put with MIB2 in a DF. And, really, which movie do you think they were paying to see? (I know, I know, not again...) :P

Edited by Accursed Architect!™
  • Like 2

Not really...counted as 100% for both? That's fudging of the highest order since they're essentially putting in money that is just not there. That would mean Spider-Man made 410m, since it was put with MIB2 in a DF. And, really, which movie do you think they were paying to see? (I know, I know, not again...) :P

Well what I was meaning was it is a fantastic excuse for fudging numbers.

Not as creative as Puerto Rico but pretty clever.

I mean, when you buy a ticket to a drive in you are technically paying to see both films.

Edited by Sogno

Well what I was meaning was it is a fantastic excuse for fudging numbers.

Not as creative as Puerto Rico but pretty clever.

I mean, when you buy a ticket to a drive in you are technically paying to see both films.

I think it depends on which film is first. In the case of Spidey/MIB2, they showed SM1 first, so most people just left after the first movie, lol.

I know that it's different with newer films, but if they put the new film first and the older film second and charge the same as one film, why would people stick around to see a film they've already seen? Especially if it's crap(IMO) like Terminator Salvation. ;)