#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

Because it's a pattern. Nolanites like all Nolan films. That's why they're Nolanites.

If Marvel had all these hardcore fans, then there wouldn't be a glaring example of a clear Marvel film getting hated on by so many posters. Marvelites are a very small portion of this website.

Sorry but no. The Marvel fanbase is one of the biggest ones on here. The threads for the Marvel movies are routinely some of the largest and most active and there are a bunch of posters who post in them almost exclusively

I am a Marvel fan and I hate Iron Man 2. The implication that you aren't a fan of a franchise if you rag on a movie in it is laughable

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 3

. I've lost count how many times I've seen a DC/Warner fan from these boards claiming the X-Men are better than what Marvel Studios or Sony is putting out. Fox is working like a foster home for them in 2014. :lol:

I have seen this too. People will say they don't hate Marvel, just Disney/Marvel. Then, they will say how Fox makes Marvel movies better than Disney/Marvel.

I disagree with you about Sony though. I believe that people do the same thing with Sony against Disney/Marvel. I know why you put Sony in with Disney/Marvel, because you're a fan of both. However, there are some clear Spider-Man lovers who are anti Disney/Marvel.

Sorry but no. The Marvel fanbase is one of the biggest ones on here. The threads for the Marvel movies are routinely some of the largest and most active and there are a bunch of posters who post in them almost exclusively

I am a Marvel fan and I hate Iron Man 2. The implication that you aren't a fan of a franchise because you rag on a movie in it is laughable

There aren't as many Marvelites on this board as people think. There are just a lot of people that like some of the movies.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

I have seen this too. People will say they don't hate Marvel, just Disney/Marvel. Then, they will say how Fox makes Marvel movies better than Disney/Marvel.

I disagree with you about Sony though. I believe that people do the same thing with Sony against Disney/Marvel. I know why you put Sony in with Disney/Marvel, because you're a fan of both. However, there are some clear Spider-Man lovers who are anti Disney/Marvel.

I wish I could say the same for Fox. God knows that I'm quite possibly the biggest X-Men nerd of these boards, it's just that Fox makes it hard for me with every fuck up they commit. James Mangold's The Wolverine was pure gold and then at the end it fell apart, I just wish Fox would give the franchise to Mangold or someone that actually know the comics and took it away from Kinberg's and Singer's hands, but oh well. 

Hmm I wonder if the guy with the username "Walt Disney" and a Disney logo profile pic could possibly be biased about Disney.

• Like 1

I just had to response because something just tells me that this is about me. First of all, I don't read gat damn comic books. All the comic info I get is off of Wiki-pedia, so I am NOT as passionate about these comics and franchises as most here, so NO I do not hate Fox, Marvel, Disney/Marvel, Sony whoever. I-dont-care. Yes, I said Marvel fans are the biggest on this site, but then I said it wasnt a big deal. So yeah I obviously care that much, I was just responding my opinion to Ecstacy. You came at me saying I hated Joss Whedon. I never said that, but even if I did, so what? I don't have to like him. Its my gat damn opinion. You came at me when I said TASM was better received than all Marvel phase 1 except IM and TA, which by the stats is still true. Youve came at me some more, and you come at me now. YOU keep imaging as a Spiderman whatever fanboy. Yes I love Spiderman, and the reason I stick up for it the way I do here is because of the negativity that the character receives, not because I love the character to death, which I dont. SM1 impressed me when I was 7 so its the one I know the most.

So whoever you think is a "Spiderman lover" that is "anti Disney/Marvel", better not be me. Im not a fanboy and I don't like getting into the fanwars. Apocalypse was just announced for X-Men, what was the first thing I did? Went to Wikipedia and I still dont understand who the hell Apocolypse is. I dont even spell the shit right. And my name is Jandrew, a combination of my name, and my picture is Miley Cyrus and Juicy J, but your name is WALT DISNEY and you think im biased? I haven't talked negatively about "Marvelites" or "Nolanites" or "Shittyites" or whatever, but if I say "the Avengers 3rd act wasn't dangerous enough", here you are on my ass, but Im the crazy one? Please dont start with me. Stop worrying about what I say, because you always - ALWAYS take it out of context. If this wasnt about me, oh well, you needed to hear it anyway. Like ol Chewy said, "whatever, youre wrong". Goodnight.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Oh God.... David Brennan. What a nutcase.

lol, that guy wrote a pretty long book about Cameron and was trying to have it published. When he wasn't posting long, misogynistic, homophobic rants here :rofl:

• Like 1

lol, that guy wrote a pretty long book about Cameron and was trying to have it published. When he wasn't posting long, misogynistic, homophobic rants here :rofl:

:rofl: You have no idea the rants he directed at the mods when we started warning him.

Wait. Actually, you probably do -- they were general riffs on the same bullshit he used to spew in threads. "Cuckolds" and "anti-white" and "obsessed with penises" were a few of my favorites.

• Like 1

We should just get everyone to declare their single fan allegiance once and for all, and sticky a list. And if we feel someone is lying about their fandom, PM the mods. The mods will hold a little trial and if the individual can't prove that they are unequivocally devoted, topic-ban them accordingly

It's the only way suss this all out

• Like 5

We should just get everyone to declare their single fan allegiance once and for all, and sticky a list. And if we feel someone is lying about their fandom, PM the mods. The mods will hold a little trial and if the individual can't prove that they are unequivocally devoted, topic-ban them accordingly

It's the only way suss this all out

Tarantino, Jason Voorhees and Batman.

I just had to response because something just tells me that this is about me. First of all, I don't read gat damn comic books. All the comic info I get is off of Wiki-pedia, so I am NOT as passionate about these comics and franchises as most here, so NO I do not hate Fox, Marvel, Disney/Marvel, Sony whoever. I-dont-care. Yes, I said Marvel fans are the biggest on this site, but then I said it wasnt a big deal. So yeah I obviously care that much, I was just responding my opinion to Ecstacy. You came at me saying I hated Joss Whedon. I never said that, but even if I did, so what? I don't have to like him. Its my gat damn opinion. You came at me when I said TASM was better received than all Marvel phase 1 except IM and TA, which by the stats is still true. Youve came at me some more, and you come at me now. YOU keep imaging as a Spiderman whatever fanboy. Yes I love Spiderman, and the reason I stick up for it the way I do here is because of the negativity that the character receives, not because I love the character to death.

So whoever you think is a "Spiderman lover" that is "anti Disney/Marvel", better not be me. Im not a fanboy and I don't like getting into the fanwars. Apocalypse was just announced for X-Men, what was the first thing I did? Went to Wikipedia and I still dont understand who the hell Apocolypse is. I dont even spell the shit right. And my name is Jandrew, a combination of my name, and my picture is Miley Cyrus and Juicy J, but your name is WALT DISNEY and you think im biased? I haven't talked negatively about "Marvelites" or "Nolanites" or "Shittyites" or whatever, but if I say "the Avengers 3rd act wasn't dangerous enough", here you are on my ass, but Im the crazy one? Please dont start with me. Stop worrying about what I say, because you always - ALWAYS take it out of context. If this wasnt about me, oh well, you needed to hear it anyway. Like ol Chewy said, "whatever, youre wrong".

Whoa, slow down. Take a deep breath. I never said you hated Joss Whedon in this post. And I actually didn't specifically have you in mind about the Spider-Man comment. I had another poster in mind, who I respect, so I didn't call him out by name. I know there are more posters out there who fit the description, but I couldn't remember who they were. Now that you mention it, you probably do fit that description, which is why you're getting so defensive. But, my comment wasn't meant to explicitly imply you.

I never said you were biased. I never got on you for saying The Avengers 3rd act wasn't dangerous enough. You're making things up.

What I said was and is true. There isn't this huge Marvel fanbase on this site. There are a few Marvel movies that are quite popular and people around here like them. They don't like them any more than other popular films. But, if you name some other Marvel films, you will see that those films aren't that popular. But, rather than waste my time naming some less popular films, I went straight to the most prominent example with IM2.

Some Marvel films will be liked and others will not be liked, just like all the other movies on this site. There isn't this huge Marvel fan base that likes all of the Marvel films the way the Nolanites love every Nolan film.

And lastly, don't tell me what I need to hear. This is your first and last warning.