#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

I have to disagree. You'd think that because people all praise TA. However, when I praise IM2, I look around and there aren't many posters that are with me. I read random threads where IM2 gets hated on when it wasn't even being discussed.

If you wanna see some Marvel hatred, bring up Iron Man 2. Me and a handful of people will be defending it. The rest will either be bashing it or will stay out of it.

Anyone brings up Man of Steel, and the floodgates open. Sometimes even if no one brings up MoS. 

• Like 1

ikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke 10mFRIDAY Box Office: #3 Relativity 'Out Of The Furnace' - 'C+' Cinemascore won't help $1.9M-$2.1M opening for $5.2M-$5.8M wkd. Budget $22M.

Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke 3mFRIDAY Box Office: #2 Disney 'Frozen' $6.2M-$7M starts its 3rd weekend for $26M-$30M in wide release. Cume could be $128.5M-$131M.

LOL, exactly the grade I gave that movie. I didn't know CS came to my theater.

• Like 1

LOL nah about same size

CF 8-8.2m, FRZ 6.7-7m,OOTF 1.9,Thor2 1.2,DM 1.1,TBMH/HF 1m,BT 800k

Those drops are a lot harder than I wanted them to be. :(

If that holds I will be doubting Frozen's $300 million potential but at least it should still get pretty close.

Anyone brings up Man of Steel, and the floodgates open. Sometimes even if no one brings up MoS. 

Not from the Nolanites though. They stand strong together against the negative posts. They don't turn on it. They're united and vocal.

A lot of the people who some posters would consider Marvel fans will turn on IM2 or will stay out of it.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

Not from the Nolanites though. They stand strong together against the negative posts. They don't turn on it. They're united and vocal.

I am not. 

You can say that about any hard core fanbase. There always be fans willing to defend there movies. 

So if CF follows GOF it'll do 29.6-30m for the weekend, and if it follows DH1 it'll do 28.4-29

If Frozen follows Tangled it'll do 28-29.4, which would be a slightly worse second weekend drop. 300m isn't happening, just like it wasn't at any point in the past week. 250 is the clear target, with a chance of 10-20 million on top of that.

Not from the Nolanites though. They stand strong together against it. They don't turn on it. They're united and vocal.

Again, who are these Nolanites you are referring to? Ed, Pink, Squaremaster? These are the 3 big Nolan fans here. I liked MoS, I liked Inception, I liked TDKR - does that make me a Nolanite?

Can't it just be that people liked MoS and thus share the opposite point of view to people who didn't? Can it be possible that a lot of people did not like IM2? Why does there need to be patterns for everything.

• Like 1

Not from the Nolanites though. They stand strong together against the negative posts. They don't turn on it. They're united and vocal. A lot of the people who some posters would consider Marvel fans will turn on IM2 or will stay out of it.

Exactly. Especially here on the boards, we've a pretty consistent DC/Warner fanbase. What is odd to me is that - maybe because I'm old - I'm a fan of both, Marvel and DC. I'm not fond of the direction Snyder is going but I'm still hoping for the best.That's not just my take on things, that's the take of most of the Marvel fans here. Warner/DC fans in the other hand are literally keyboard warriors, praising DC properties and bashing Marvel related films every time they can, especially Spider-Man and Iron Man. What I find hillarious is that they'll bash Spider-Man, but since there isn't a DC release in 2014, they are mostly anticipating the X-Men sequel. I've lost count how many times I've seen a DC/Warner fan from these boards claiming the X-Men are better than what Marvel Studios or Sony is putting out. Fox is working like a foster home for them in 2014. :lol:

Again, who are these Nolanites you are referring to? Ed, Pink, Squaremaster? These are the 3 big Nolan fans here. I liked MoS, I liked Inception, I liked TDKR - does that make me a Nolanite?

Can't it just be that people liked MoS and thus share the opposite point of view to people who didn't? Can it be possible that a lot of people did not like IM2? Why does there need to be patterns for everything.

Because it's a pattern. Nolanites like all Nolan films. That's why they're Nolanites.

If Marvel had all these hardcore fans, then there wouldn't be a glaring example of a clear Marvel film getting hated on by so many posters. Marvelites are a very small portion of this website.

• Like 2

Yeah the whole Nolanites thing is way overblown at this point. Sure there's the occasional rabid one who pops up but you've got the same thing from the Marvelites, the Lawsbians, the Floppitites and every other fanbase. Just look at that JJ tampon from a couple days ago

• Like 1

You are a cool headed fan. But you can't deny you are one of the few exceptions. I find it hard to pick a side because I'm simply a fan of good superhero films. I think what you misunderstand is that you don't act like the usual "DC/Warner angry fan". And that's fucking awesome. I'm not saying that there aren't Marvel fans that aren't just as vicious, I just think they are way less vocal online than the radicals from the DC/Warner camp. 

Yeah the whole Nolanites thing is way overblown at this point. Sure there's the occasional rabid one who pops up but you've got the same thing from the Marvelites, the Lawsbians, the Floppitites and every other fanbase. Just look at that JJ tampon from a couple days ago

I thought that said floptitties  :ph34r:

• Like 3

Because it's a pattern. Nolanites like all Nolan films. That's why they're Nolanites.

If Marvel had all these hardcore fans, then there wouldn't be a glaring example of a clear Marvel film getting hated on by so many posters. Marvelites are a very small portion of this website.

Yeah, us Marvelites might be vocal, but we are a small portion of this website.

• Like 2