rukaio101

Rukaio's Reviews (Take Two)

It's interesting to ponder what the results would've been if the Voice Acting Oscars had been around for Years 1-3. I think Hamill would have gotten his Supporting Voice Acting Oscar in Year 1 if so.

You could give him his due this year, hint hint.  ;)

Anyway, here's Best Supporting Actor

Pretty much locked

Jeff Bridges- The Giver

Chiwetel Ejiofor- The Bronx is Burning

Don't think I need to go into much depth for this. Both are widely acclaimed actors in the Oscar Big 4 with very meaty roles to let them shine. Easy nominations.

Fighting for the last spots

Ty Simpkins- Mushishi

Gael Garcia Bernal- Resonance

Aaron Tyler Johnson- The Deadline

Josh Hutcherson- Cinema Studies

Clive Owen- Two Way Road

These are the remaining major players from the major Oscar contenders, so the remaining three slots should go to them. Exactly who, I'm not entirely sure. Simpkins is still a kid, but he's in one of the Oscar Big 4 directed by a director known for being able to incredible performances out of kids (Speaking of Mushishi, Gibson may be able to sneak a nom, but I think Simpkins is more likely). Bernal is in the other Big 4, but I don't think his role has much meat to it, being a creepy perfectionist and that's about it. The other three, meanwhile, are all in well-received films that make good use of them, but have pretty fierce competition for this spot. 

Potential Dark Horse: Anyone from The Concert's End

Well, that movie does have pretty much everyone in existence in. It wouldn't be surprising if at least one nom sneaked through. I'm hoping Alan Rickman. Because, dammit, I love me some Alan Rickman.

Most Likely Winner: Jeff Bridges- The Giver

Tough choice between Bridges and Ejiofor, but I think Bridges might just take it.

Not to be a dick towards Alpha, but even without reading it, I wouldn't feel right awarding Jeff Bridges for The Giver when he's playing the role in real life in a few months...

• Like 1

Okay, since I'm unlikely to get through all this in time due to a) generally being unmotivated and b ) the Oscar picks literally starting tomorrow, I've decided just to bite the bullet and post my nominations for the remaining Oscar categories here. Then, if you want to ask about a film that's on (or not on) any of my nominations lists just do so and I'll give you my reasoning as to why it should (or shouldn't) be on there.

At the moment, it's nominations only. If you want me to post my winners, I will do so but be warned that most of the Technical Categories will lean very Mushishi-centric. Because I have spent a lot of time and fictional (and real) money trying to establish it as the Gravity-esque movie of the year. (Speaking of, that payment will be in your account by Friday, Alpha)

Best Documentary Feature

Guardian of the West

Twinkies

The Normans

Flappy Bird

Time Space & One Blue Box

Best Ensemble

The Concert's End

The Bronx is Burning

Starcraft: Brood War

Mushishi

Dragon Age: Awakening

Best Original Song

"The World is Waiting"- Hand Drawn Heroes

"Everyone Needs a Home"- Flowers for Algernon

"I'm Free"- The Innocent

"Catch That Pigeon!"- Catch the Pigeon

"Alcohol of Fame"- Keg Party

Best Cinematography

Mushishi

The Bronx is Burning

Resonance

The Giver

The Who's Tommy

Best Film Editing

The Bronx is Burning

Resonance

The Giver

Mushishi

The Who's Tommy

Best Production Design

The Concert's End

Mushishi

The Who's Tommy

The Bronx is Burning

Best Costumes

The Concert's End

The Bronx is Burning

Age of Empires

Pompeii

Best Makeup & Hairstyling

Patchwork

The Concert's End

The Who's Tommy

Freddy vs Jason vs Ash

Dracula

Best Sound Mixing

Mushishi

Resonance

The Who's Tommy

The Giver

Best Sound Editing

Resonance

The Giver

The Who's Tommy

Mushishi

Best Visual Effects

Mushishi

Dragon Age Awakening

Stranger in a Strange Land

American Gods

Best Use of Action

The Dresden Files: Storm Front

Run & Gun

Age of Empires

Edited by Za Rukaio!
  • Like 2

IIRC, Animated Films aren't eligible for Use of Action.

Fixed.

I also spotted a couple of films that weren't on the FYC page in different sections so I've replaced them.