DAR

Vulture-Superhero movies are getting too greedy

And I wholeheartedly agree with this article. This is a genre that could have a nice long reign if they just concentrated on making good films. I think the superhero genre is heading for a housing/dot com type bubble burst if they don't slow the hell down.

• Like 4

The problem with agreeing with the article is that these movies are making gobs of money right now and the Sword of Damocles has been put back in it's case.  Maybe in the future these films will stop making money but there is no sign of them slowing down right now.

The problem with agreeing with the article is that these movies are making gobs of money right now and the Sword of Damocles has been put back in it's case.  Maybe in the future these films will stop making money but there is no sign of them slowing down right now.

To go all 2004/2005 on you, they will stop making money if they start putting out way more Catwomans than Batman Beginses.

To go all 2004/2005 on you, they will stop making money if they start putting out way more Catwomans than Batman Beginses.

But that hasn't happened yet.  There hasn't been anything that has been anything near as bad as Catwoman or Daredevil.  And I can't see that happening right now.  IMO (which means nothing) ASM was bad but not Catwoman bad.  So imo, we are not anywhere close to declaring the apocalypse.  

• Like 2

Well. they are starting to lose movie critics. Three major SH movies were released this year. IM3's reviews were on the high side while MOS was on the low side but all three movies had underwhelming reviews in a genre that has received a lot of critical love in recent years.

Well. they are starting to lose movie critics. Three major SH movies were released this year. IM3's reviews were on the high side while MOS was on the low side but all three movies had underwhelming reviews in a genre that has received a lot of critical love in recent years.

There were really 4. IM3, Thor: TDW, MOS, and The Wolverine. I am assuming that the one you forgot about is The Wolverine, which doesn't say much about the quality of that movie.

• Like 1

Nice article.  I agree with just about all of it.  The problem I have is that while I am saddened by the upcoming saturation of ensemble superhero movies (did not know about the X-Men/Fantastic Four project), I will probably see each and every one of them.