Hiccup

Year 8 Actuals (November Is Up!)

Lack of competition over the Halloween season was the largest contributing factor.  

What about FvJvA? 

That comes out on the 31st, a Wednesday, and the November 2-4 weekend is where it'll actually start to make money. Wait until the Nov. post.

I think ZaRukaio! means what about that film as competition for the mansion

Hiccup definitely ignored forum predictions completely for a couple films.

I suppose it's good to have a surprise hit every once in a while.

Besides, I think the Mansion was the only one that deviated significantly from my predictions. (Well, Flappy Bird did too, but everyone else seemed to think it would hit 4/5mil)

Edited by Za Rukaio!

Hiccup definitely ignored forum predictions completely for a couple films.

Which films? I thought I only ignored the Mansion's predictions. If I had every single film follow expectations then it would be a boring year. 

Here is the schedule. 

Thursday- November

Friday- December.

No later no earlier.

Also the Holiday Season is always full of surprises and flops so buckle up and shut up! I am NOT changing anything for anybody once the numbers are posted on here. 

I think ZaRukaio! means what about that film as competition for the mansion

Still that was the last day of October. It would actually mostly show for the competition in November as it was only out for one day in October. Plus, it probably didn't make a lot of money in order for it to be direct competition. We'll see what happens when November pops around.

Also the Holiday Season is always full of surprises and flops so buckle up and shut up! I am NOT changing anything for anybody once the numbers are posted on here. 

Well, that doesn't sound good....

*braces fictional wallet*

Worst case scenario, Mushishi is the new Spark.

I don't know what that is. And I'm not too sure I want to find out.

• Like 1

I don't know what that is. And I'm not too sure I want to find out.

Spark is an animated sci-fi adventure from Year 4. It got stellar reviews (a hair less than the best reviewed animated film of the year) and predictions for its OW were in the mid-50s to mid-60s.

It opened to 32.8m.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 1

Spark is an animated sci-fi adventure from Year 4. It got stellar reviews (a hair less than the best reviewed animated film of the year) and predictions for its OW were in the mid-50s to mid-60s.

It opened to 32.8m.

Ouch. It got good legs, at least.

Neeeeeeeeeeeevermind. It had HORRIBLE legs. Clearly whoever did the actuals that year didn't like that movie very much.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

It was a very close race for Best Animated Feature that Year. Sylvarius had slightly better overall reception, but Spark had a #1 ranking on a list so it had a bit more passion. They ended up splitting the voice acting awards and Spark beat Sylvarius for Best Animated Feature by a single point (31 to 30).

• Like 2

Ouch. It got good legs, at least.

Neeeeeeeeeeeevermind. It had HORRIBLE legs. Clearly whoever did the actuals that year didn't like that movie very much.

Hiccup was, interestingly enough, the only person who didn't have it in their top 25, but he took it back in Y7 and said it was really great, also loving the sequel. He tried to make up by having The Simulation, The Glass Castle, and The Sketchbook (my two major releases of the Fall) break out.

No hard feelings anymore, though. :)

• Like 2

I make an animated film of note every 3 years. Each year it has a close loss for Animated Picture.

Year 1- The End of the Universe loses to Wings of Icarus

Year 4- Sylvarius loses to Spark

Year 7- Celluloid Heroes loses to Spark 2: Ignition

Year 10- I'm coming for you Spark 3!!!!

• Like 1

I make an animated film of note every 3 years. Each year it has a close loss for Animated Picture.

Year 1- The End of the Universe loses to Wings of Icarus

Year 4- Sylvarius loses to Spark

Year 7- Celluloid Heroes loses to Spark 2: Ignition

Year 10- I'm coming for you Spark 3!!!!

Actually, in Y7, we both lost to Amulet. Blame Alpha!

Besides, you should be grateful for Spark. You won BP each year a movie came out. (There won't be any doubt if Bronx wins this year, as Alex Spark has a cameo in HDH.) :D

Edited by Spaghetti