The Panda

BoxOffice.com's Top 25 Coming-of-Age Films of All-Time (pinned for 1 week)

1.To Kill a Mockingbird2.Pan's Labrynth3.City of God4.Stand By Me5. Good Will Hunting6. Persepolis7. Donnie Darko8. Empire of the Sun9. Weird Science10. Breakfast Club11. Mud12. American Graffiti13. Rushmore14. Beasts of the Southern Wild15. Let the Right One In (2008)16. Juno (2007)17. The Goonies18. Dazed and Confused19. Fast Times at Ridgemont High20. ET 21. American Beauty22. Boyz N The Hood23. Back to the Future24. The Lost Boys25. A Bronx Tale

• Like 1

Why did no one list Star Wars: A New Hope?Am I wrong in thinking that was a coming-of-age story?

Oh it technically can be, I just didn't think of it as one, I may or may not edit my list to add it.

The Lion King King counts as one too as well.

Edited by The Panda

Top 25 imo:

There are films on here that might have a different ranking than my all time best films list.  For example, ET is in my top 3 films of all time but that doesn't mean it will have the same ranking on a coming of age list.  Different criteria.  So here is my personal list:

1) Stand By Me

2) The Breakfast Club

3) Fast Times at Ridgemont High

4) Less Than Zero

5)  Sixteen Canldes

6) Porky's

7) The Last American Virgin

8) Boyz N The Hood

9) Ferris Bueller's Day Off

10) Revenge of the Nerds

11) Pretty In Pink

12) Perks of Being a Wallflower

13) Mud

14) The Way Way Back

15) The Goonies

16) Some Kind of Wonderful

17) Back to the Future

18) Super 8

19) ET 

20) Mermaids

21) American Pie

22) Fear

23) A Bronx Tale

24) Varsity Blues

25) Christine

Edited by Christmas baumer
  • Like 2

Top 25 imo:

There are films on here that might have a different ranking than my all time best films list.  For example, ET is in my top 3 films of all time but that doesn't mean it will have the same ranking on a coming of age list.  Different criteria.  So here is my personal list:

1) Stand By Me

2) The Breakfast Club

3) Fast Times at Ridgemont High

4) Less Than Zero

5)  Sixteen Canldes

6) Porky's

7) The Last American Virgin

8) Boyz N The Hood

9) Ferris Bueller's Day Off

10) Revenge of the Nerds

11) Pretty In Pink

12) Perks of Being a Wallflower

13) Mud

14) The Way Way Back

15) The Goonies

16) Some Kind of Wonderful

17) Back to the Future

18) Super 8

19) ET 

20) Mermaids

21) American Pie

22) Fear

23) A Bronx Tale

24) Varsity Blues

25) Christine

Good list, baumer.

• Like 1

Wen is the deadline. I will submit a list

I haven't set a solid deadline yet but I'll say the deadline is Friday the 17th (I'd do the 10th but I'm super busy that weekend and wouldn't be able to get results in) and post the results throughout Saturday and Sunday of that week.It's a little long but the deadline just works for my personal schedule.

I haven't set a solid deadline yet but I'll say the deadline is Friday the 17th (I'd do the 10th but I'm super busy that weekend and wouldn't be able to get results in) and post the results throughout Saturday and Sunday of that week.It's a little long but the deadline just works for my personal schedule.

I think 17th is way better than the 10th
  • Like 1

This is a great topic and please do not to forget to vote for Robocop! A great coming of age story, along with other 1980 classics like Vision-Quest, Flashdance, The Karate Kid, and Say Anything.

Edited by robocop deluxe

This is a great topic and please do not to forget to vote for Robocop! A great coming of age story, along with other 1980 classics like Vision-Quest, Flashdance, and Say Anything.

Don't ask others to vote for it for you, vote for it yourself!

Great list Baumer! Have you ever saw The Karate Kid, Rocky, The Sure Thing, When Harry Met Sally, Superman, Twins, Vision Quest, Say Anything, Kung Fu Panda, Flashdance, Boogie Nights? As I want to see if I can make you edit your list.

Great list Baumer! Have you ever saw The Karate Kid, Rocky, The Sure Thing, When Harry Met Sally, Superman, Twins, Vision Quest, Say Anything, Kung Fu Panda, Flashdance, Boogie Nights? As I want to see if I can make you edit your list.

Have you made yours so you can put those in there? (Some of them are stretches for a coming of age though)