baumer

The Nut Job (2013)

10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Inconfident on almost every level. The amount of the ripoffs, cliche dialogue and nonexistent characters in this film is astonishing. Gangster callings squirrels is not funny and is overdone. The amount of puns is ridiculously high as well.

The gangham style parts are outdated and disturbing as well.

I give this film a D or a 3 / 10.

I think I miss Free Birds.

• Like 1

Unfunny, lame and nakedly derivative. The Kraft Singles of CG animated features--no, make that the store-brand-knockoff-of-Kraft-Singles of CG animated features. It might as well have been an unreleased leftover from the Generic Me-Too CG Animated Feature Glut of '05-'07, just with Gangnam Style and an Angry Bird knockoff thrown in to disguise it. If you told me that the filmmakers had taken a Sally Struthers correspondence course on how to make a CG animated feature and this was the end result, I would actually believe you.I'm not giving this an F, because it failed at even being bad enough to deserve that low of a rating. An F would be rewarding this film, so it gets a D.And now, a short list of the things that still bug me:All the animals have names, or at least "type" names, yet the raccoon and the mole are just named Raccoon and Mole?Was this meant to be a 40s-50s period piece?Did they actually think it was funny to have absolutely none of the humans be able to recognize what a squirrel is?Remind me again, why is Grayson considered to be the hero of the park?The only reason Raccoon is able to maintain his Machiavellian rule over the park is because everyone there is too stupid to live.WHY WOULDN'T THE FAKE ANGRY BIRD DIE?!?!?!?

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3

This is just so stupid. This movie appeals to no one beside young children. This movie is good if you have a 5 five year old or so need to work at home and have child watch the movie while you are busy doing work.  I have so many questions to ask why did humans set so many mouse traps and hire a dog to keep animals taking nuts when they did not care about nuts. What is with Greyson? Why is there an Angry Bird in this movie. 

I know this is a children's movie but I am sure there are better cartoons on TV compared to Nut Job.

0.5/5