grey ghost

Actors Hollywood tried to force on the public

no-one gives a fuck about Carey Mulligan so its like trying to force feed a fat bastard some salad.

By that logic you might as well say Hollywood should just stop using actresses unless they're well known by the GA (which would write out about 99.9% of all actresses).

The reason Carey Mulligan isn't that well known to the GA is because she hasn't been in many high profile movies and for those that she has been in, the marketing revolved around the much more well known male star (Leonardo Di Caprio and Ryan Gosling). Hence, you really can't argue she's being shoved down our faces at all.

we have our mouths open wide ready for her.

<insert your own sex joke here> I know you all have them.

By that logic you might as well say Hollywood should just stop using actresses unless they're well known by the GA (which would write out about 99.9% of all actresses). The reason Carey Mulligan isn't that well known to the GA is because she hasn't been in many high profile movies and for those that she has been in, the marketing revolved around the much more well known male star (Leonardo Di Caprio and Ryan Gosling). Hence, you really can't argue she's being shoved down our faces at all.

I'm looking at it differently. She has been appearing in all these oscar bait movies that we won't ignore so it seems like they are trying to force feed her talent but I really don't think she is anything special. She just seems like an average actress to me, this doesn't mean I 'don't like her' that's just silly. She's definitely being force fed through all these 'arty' films.

<insert your own sex joke here> I know you all have them.

I kinda walked into that one lol

Olivia Wilde has the best agent in Hollywood.

And I am sorry Baumer but Ryan Reynolds ( yes ha had a few successes here and there, The Proposal was Bullock s star power me thinks though) was shoved down our throat, that pseudo satyrical EW cover where he wrote a love letter to himself for the release of Green Lantern, ugh ...

Funny thing is Ryan Reynolds is trying to pull off a McConaughey, doing lots of indie stuff to prove he s a great actor. Good Luck to him. McConaughey had to do the whole weight loss thing to have street cred with the homies of AMPAS.

• Like 1

Reynolds is a great actor and he has screen presence.  He's had a few duds, but was Green Lantern his fault?  Was RIPD a well written movie with bad actors?  Nope.  Reynolds is a star and he will be bigger one day but for now, until he picks better roles, he's a punching bag amongst the silent internet majority. 

• Like 4

Reynolds is never going to be huge. Guys don't take to him and while women like him, they're not crazy about him. Furthermore he stars in a head of crap more often than not.

Never is an awfully long time.  There are tons of actors who took years to hit it big.  Reynolds has another 15 years to "hit it big".

Reynolds is a great actor and he has screen presence.  He's had a few duds, but was Green Lantern his fault?  Was RIPD a well written movie with bad actors?  Nope.  Reynolds is a star and he will be bigger one day but for now, until he picks better roles, he's a punching bag amongst the silent internet majority. 

I like Ryan Reynolds, but this a load of hogwash. Two of his highest grossing films (The Proposal and Safe House) were because of his co-stars.Ryan Reynolds is not a movie star, and may never be. He just happened to get lucky.

I like Ryan Reynolds, but this a load of hogwash. Two of his highest grossing films (The Proposal and Safe House) were because of his co-stars.Ryan Reynolds is not a movie star, and may never be. He just happened to get lucky.

What an enormous pile of horseshit.

Washington's two biggest grossing movies are films he did with other stars.  American Gangster and Safe House.  There's nothing lucky about that for Reynolds.  Safe House is just as much a success because of him as it is for Denzel.

Edited by Christmas baumer
  • Like 1

And Olivia Wilde?  Really?  She's never been cast in the lead, she's just supporting.  So she's not being forced at all.

She continues to be featured in posters and what not. She keeps getting work with major directors, and her films (supporting or not), usually do poorly or outright flop.

She should go back to TV.

Well, I guess we'll see.  Liam Neeson took about 20 years before he became huge.  

Liam Neeson starred in good movies with some name directors before he became huge, he built his way up. RR has had no 'The Mission' and certainly no 'Schindler's List', heck he doesn't even have a 'Darkman'.

She continues to be featured in posters and what not. She keeps getting work with major directors, and her films (supporting or not), usually do poorly or outright flop.

She has nothing to do with the success or failure of a movie lol......that's like saying Bruno Kirby was responsible for Donnie Brasco not doing well.  These are background players who add colour and flavour, they are not the main ingredient.

Two that actually come to mind now are Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel. Two actresses who basically were only kept alive because of their "looks".

Jessica Biel used to be everywhere. She got all these lead roles in these major releases, but they kept flopping. Now Hollywood seems to have given up on there, considering her movies are now small, independent releases.

As for Jessica Alba, I don't think she would be anywhere if it wasn't for Robert Rodriguez.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

she was in Her and Rush, two well received movies. I doubt she is going back to TV now

• Like 3

Liam Neeson starred in good movies with some name directors before he became huge, he built his way up. RR has had no 'The Mission' and certainly no 'Schindler's List', heck he doesn't even have a 'Darkman'.

Darkman bombed.

She has nothing to do with the success or failure of a movie lol......that's like saying Bruno Kirby was responsible for Donnie Brasco not doing well.  These are background players who add colour and flavour, they are not the main ingredient.

Well supporting or not, Hollywood seems pretty persistent to make something out of her.