Walt Disney

You know you're a hardcore movie fan when.....

You're a hardcore movie fan when you know by heart every single shot of ROTJ's space battle, the spaceships choregraphy, editing order and dialogue so you could replay it all alone with your legos.

You're a hardcore movie fan when you dig all through your John Williams SW trilogy set recorded on tape to find all the cues used in TPM's trailer to re-record each bits with a double deck HiFi station to get the same soundtrack trailer on a virgin tape to play on your walkman.

• Like 3

You're a hardcore movie fan when you know by heart every single shot of ROTJ's space battle, the spaceships choregraphy, editing order and dialogue so you could replay it all alone with your legos.

You're a hardcore movie fan when you dig all through your John Williams SW trilogy set recorded on tape to find all the cues used in TPM's trailer to re-record each bits with a double deck HiFi station to get the same soundtrack trailer on a virgin tape to play on your walkman.

:mellow:

• Like 1

You know you're a hardcore movie fan when your english teacher in high school back in 2000 tells the class we're gonna watch a movie called Cry Freedom (A 1987 movie starring Denzel Washington and Kevin Kline about SA political activist Steve Biko) and asks if anyone knows who directed it. You're the only one that raise a hand to say "Richard Attenborough" with everyone looking at you like an alien in dead silence.

Just to hear your teacher responding "Uh No, that's not him. That's Hugh #&?!!!!" and get humiliated.

:mellow:

Ignorant Bitch!

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

You know you're a hardcore movie fan when your english teacher in high school back in 2000 tells the class we're gonna watch a movie called Cry Freedom (A 1987 movie starring Denzel Washington and Kevin Kline about SA political activist Steve Biko) and asks if anyone knows who directed it. You're the only one that raise a hand to say "Richard Attenborough" with everyone looking at you like an alien in dead silence.

Yeah, stuff like that happens to me pretty often. Also sometimes I have to act like I dont know a movie's director, year of release and box office (even though I totally do) so I dont seem like some kind of an aspie.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2

Yeah, stuff like that happens to me pretty often. Also sometimes I have to act like I dont know a movie's director, year of release and box office (even though I totally do) so I dont seem like some kind of an aspie.

I know that feeling. It was even worse in primary school because I was looked as some kind of freakish nerd in the playground like "Hey look, this is Dash. You know he is one of a hell of a nerd! He knows things I don't have any idea what he is talking about..."

But that's why I loved my 5th grade (? or last year of elementary school) teacher because he would award us with collection trivia cards everytime you answered right when he asked about anything. He really enticed us to be curious about general culture and rewarded our knowledge in a playful way. I think I had like 300 at the end of the year. Best teacher I ever had. :(

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Not a 'hardcore' thing, but still something only a movie fan would get pissed over: when someone doesn't bother trying/doesn't know the right name for a movie and they just improvise ('Oh yeah, The Dark Knight Rises was awesome. Joker is the best' 'When does that Transparent movie come out?' 'Have you seen Frost (Frozen)?')

Another thing is when you're the class movie calendar (LOL). People always come up and ask me when a movie comes out and if it's worth watching.

• Like 1