Walt Disney

You know you're a hardcore movie fan when.....

Another ways to know that easily comes to mind:When you watch a film in theaters more than 2 or 3 times. (7 times is my personal record).When you know about a film years before they start shooting.

In the 90's, i knew i was a hardcore movie fan when i stopped buying Movieline or Premiere magazine and switched to Variety. Remember i live in Argentina, so Variety weekly was waaaaaaaay too expensive in here (and with a 2 days delay) but still, i had a subscription for about 8 years, 

• Like 1

I used to have every issue of Premiere Magazine for about 5 years.  Then my mom passed away and my asshole dad did a cleaning of my room.  Threw out most of my magazine and about 100 vintage posters, some that I even bought on Sunset Strip in LA.

I still have the Premiere Magazine from May of 1989 with Spielberg and Ford on the front of it, discussing Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  :)

• Like 3

When I moved out of the house in 1998, my parents kept my old room as it was.  I had boxes of movie stuff, stills, posters, props and so much more.  I even had a 1977 theater poster for Star Wars.  My dad, asshole as I said, chucked everything when my mom passed in 2006.  We came close to blows because of that.

1977 original Star Wars theatrical poster...?? Jesus, in my 20's i could have just killed for that!!  :ph34r:

Yes, I'm not even sure how much it was worth, but I got that on Sunset Strip also when I went to LA in 1992.

• Like 1