grim22

Best movies of 2013 (Results link in first post)

Number 2:

#2: FROZEN

Posted Image

The movie that made everyone say “Disney is back”. I have to admit, the trailers didn’t make me think Frozen would be any good, in fact the trailers didn’t tell me anything about the movie at all. But the movie itself is good, even though I didn’t enjoy it as much as a lot of posters here, it was still a very good movie. Unlike most Disney movies, I liked that the focus was not so much on the romance as much as it was on the relationship between Elsa and Anna. Josh Gad’s snowman stole the show with his song about summertime. And of course, we also have “Let it go”

All in all, a good movie which may have completed the Disney renaissance.

Box Office: 338M Domestic / 765M WW

BOF User Reviews:

Somebody85

Really enjoyed it. Great throwback to the Disney golden era but with a modern twist. Some very catchy tunes. Kristen Bell made Anna fun to watch and didn't know she had that voice. Also had more heart then anything Pixars put out since Toy Story 3. Liked it a lot more then Wreck It Ralph, which I thought was going to be a lot better but spiraled downhill once they stayed in that same game with forgettable side characters. But to each his own regarding that one.

This did feel a lot more like the Disney of old right from the opening song. Right up there with Gravity and Catching Fire as one of the better movies I've seen this year. Should be popular all season long and will probably sell a lot of toys too.

A-

33legend

Absolutely fantastic. Charming, funny, beautiful animation, and wonderful music. It can stand proudly with the other great Disney films.

A

Films

An amazing breathtaking Disney film which is their best since The Lion King. The music is stunning [especially Let It Go] and the film looks beautiful. It also differs from the usual fairy-tale movie and all the characters are amazing- especially Elsa

Definitely worth it's spot.

I'm kind of surprised the Hobbit didn't make it, but also glad.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Frozen in second, which means Gravity ( :rofl: ) in first. I will never understand the love for Gravity. Gravity is to me what American Hustle is to the rest of this forum.

No Captain Phillips or Prisoners. I can see why Prisoners isn't here, but I am shocked by the lack of Phillips.

• Like 1

And the number 1 is:

#1: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Posted Image

Yes, in a surprising turn of events, TDKR makes the number 1 spot for the second year running

Box Office: Eleventy Billion Dollars WW

BOF User Reviews:

#ED:

The movie was so overwhelming that I came in the theater.

Mr.Pink:

Posted Image

• Like 21

Frozen in second, which means Gravity ( :rofl: ) in first. I will never understand the love for Gravity. Gravity is to me what American Hustle is to the rest of this forum.

No Captain Phillips or Prisoners. I can see why Prisoners isn't here, but I am shocked by the lack of Phillips.

Gravity is a fantastic thriller that had me in more suspense than any movie this year, the visuals are awe-inspiring, it has a solid story to go with it, Bullock pulled off a great character, and the imagery was compelling and deep.

And the number 1 is:

#1: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Posted Image

Yes, in a surprising turn of events, TDKR makes the number 1 spot for the second year running

Box Office: Eleventy Billion Dollars WW

BOF User Reviews:

#ED:

Mr.Pink:

Posted Image

It was number 1 last year? Good, good.

I'm glad MOS made it. Sure this list doesn't really mean much but at least it shows it wasn't as hated as it seems

Not really. It just shows that people who loved it really loved it and the people who hated it (or sane people as I like to call them) really hated it. If we could dock points based on if we hated a movie, it probably wouldn't be on the list.

Edited by rukaio101

And the number 1 is:

#1: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Posted Image

Box Office: Eleventy Billion Dollars WW

BOF User Reviews:

#ED:

Mr.Pink:

Posted Image

Wait what

• Like 1

Gravity is a fantastic thriller that had me in more suspense than any movie this year, the visuals are awe-inspiring, it has a solid story to go with it, Bullock pulled off a great character, and the imagery was compelling and deep.

And I live Gravity, just like everyone in the forum likes AH. I just hate it too, just like everybody else hates AH. Don't ask me why :lol: 

Man of Steel over Act of Killing. 

Man of Steel over Iron Man 3. 

Man of Steel over Her.

Man of Steel over Before Midnight. 

Man of Steel over The Conjuring. 

Man of Steel over This Is The End.

Man of Steel over Mud.

ffs, BOF. 

• Like 10

And I live Gravity, just like everyone in the forum likes AH. I just hate it too, just like everybody else hates AH. Don't ask me why :lol:

I get it, I like American Hustle, yet I also see it as the villain at the awards season as it is so overrated (And I was one of the first people to defend it when it started to get hate)

Man of Steel over Act of Killing. 

Man of Steel over Iron Man 3. 

Man of Steel over Her.

Man of Steel over Before Midnight. 

Man of Steel over The Conjuring. 

Man of Steel over This Is The End.

Man of Steel over Mud.

ffs, BOF. 

Technically, it is Man of Steel in the same position as This is the End and Her. :P

Posted Image

Edited by CJohn