23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Elf

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This movie was okay to me. I don't think this is the best christmas movie by any means (that to me still goes to The Grinch). It just wasn't really all that funny to me, Ferrell is just annoying and just doesn't seem funny to me. With that said, I think some scenes in this movie were cute and done well. Overall I think it's an average film, okay for me. I'd give it a 7/10, a B rating.

I don't care for it. Buddy treads way too far over the line between endearing and obnoxious, and I really hated that the only reason he got anyone to warm up to him was because he's really good in snowball fights. The highlight of the film was Peter Dinklage beating the crap out of him.

Edited by tribefan695

This movie was okay to me. I don't think this is the best christmas movie by any means (that to me still goes to The Grinch). It just wasn't really all that funny to me, Ferrell is just annoying and just doesn't seem funny to me. With that said, I think some scenes in this movie were cute and done well. Overall I think it's an average film, okay for me. I'd give it a 7/10, a B rating.

please tell me you are talking of the animated special

Elf is absolutely wonderful. Consistently hilarious despite being rewatched time and time again, Elf works thanks to a huge dose of Christmas magic by mixing the typical Christmas traditions with a lot of modern humor. Ferrell gives one of his best performances, but the entire cast is delightful. Favreau directs with panache and the editing in particular is super fun. Elf isn't just a great Christmas movie, it's a fantastic movie in general, never failing to bring holiday joy year after year. A

• Like 1