Shawn Robbins

Weekend numbers Feb 14-16

Not really. Some Hunger Games' fans are just insecure. 

Hmm. Not really sure about that. After beating IRON MAN lll domestically, I don't think it's the THG fans who should feel sad or insecure. They never expected the movie to beat IRON MAN lll worldwide anyway, right? But a lot of IRON MAN lll fans surely thought the domestic crown belonged to it. It's funny because it could possibly just be the number 3 movie of 2013. That's not a bad thing though, at least to me.

Hmm. Not really sure about that. After beating IRON MAN lll domestically, I don't think it's the THG fans who should feel sad or insecure. They never expected the movie to beat IRON MAN lll worldwide anyway, right? But a lot of IRON MAN lll fans surely thought the domestic crown belonged to it. It's funny because it could possibly just be the number 3 movie of 2013. That's not a bad thing though, at least to me.

Really? I thought quite a few people had CF winning the year including Marvel fans. CF is the clear winner domestically. The people have spoken. It's definitely the undisputed winner domestically. But some people tout that making it seem like IM3 didn't make a lot of money too. That's the only reason I pointed out the WW numbers. 

Really? I thought quite a few people had CF winning the year including Marvel fans. CF is the clear winner domestically. The people have spoken. It's definitely the undisputed winner domestically. But some people tout that making it seem like IM3 didn't make a lot of money too. That's the only reason I pointed out the WW numbers. 

They changed their minds after that amazing second weekend.

lol Some thought IM lll didn't make a lot of money? Dafuq.

• Like 1

lol, Marvel hate by some is laughable. Take solace in that, they'll continue to make movies and haters can't do a damn thing about it.  :D

I know a lot of people hate IM3 and that's their right to do so. But to dismiss it's box office like it's nothing is a different story to me.

• Like 1

Katniss versus Tony Stark: of course WW money is money, but studios see a lower percentage of that than domestic, not to mention CF cost $100m less to make than IM3, and a good $75-100m less to market. That, combined with Katniss grossing 20m more in 2D than IM3 did in 3D means "destroyed" is a valid term (domestically, at least). CF will be more profitable for Lionsgate than IM3 is for Marvel, and I suspect the merchandise sales might be a lot closer than people expect too.

Except that Lionsgate probably licensed out the rights OS in a lot of markets.  They still make money but not as much as if they owned the rights.

They changed their minds after that amazing second weekend.

lol Some thought IM lll didn't make a lot of money? Dafuq.

Well to be fair not those exact words. 

But here's this. Did Fast 6 destroy STID at the box office?

Did Skyfall destroy The Hobbit? 

Would people even say those things?