JJ-8

Australian Box Office | 23-03-2020 - Cinemas are closed | 02-07 Cinemas are open (excl Victoria) | 09-10 Tenet up to 6m so far... Bill & Ted next to open

Breaking dawn is down lots, but inbetweeners smashed it again tonight. 4 sessions with 90% or more sold, and a stronger day too. And that was after it was put in larger cinemas due to demand! Immortals doing ok, same theatre average as twilight. Ides of march is doing better that I expected too.

Breaking Dawn is doing decent still, while saturday was actually rather busy overall. I'm saying roughly $5m BD1 and $4m for the Inbetweeners :) 750k for Moneyball. Immortals around $1m. Ides of March around $600k (though i don't know how many theatres it is in, so anywhere from 300k-800k) :)

Have updated the 2011 Yearly total thread.Also added a thread devoted the little dog from the outback ...... Red Dog!

What are your prediction for Tintin Jajang??In Australia

I posted it in the 2011 top films thread. 3 or 4m Ow and about 18m total. The ow is deceptive as the OD is the 26th dec / Monday.

I posted it in the 2011 top films thread.3 or 4m Ow and about 18m total.The ow is deceptive as the OD is the 26th dec / Monday.

Okey.. 18 mill would be a fine number...

given the recent performance of HF2, i'm updated my predictions - see the Top films of 2011 (AU) thread - i posted it in there but i've got tin tin making 24m now (probably optimistic but it is speilberg and jackson......

I don't think it'll reach that level, but with speilburg and jackson+nothing for HF2 (the only buzz is negative), it should do well by default.

I have this feeling that MI4 is going to be big!There are posters, trailers and tie-ins/references EVERYWHERE!!It's sort of to the point where it's impossible NOT to know its coming out!I'm expecting minimum $4m this weekend.4.1/16.8

I'm back. Finally decided to take the plunge.

Nice... Welcome back...

I have this feeling that MI4 is going to be big!There are posters, trailers and tie-ins/references EVERYWHERE!!It's sort of to the point where it's impossible NOT to know its coming out!I'm expecting minimum $4m this weekend.4.1/16.8

Is it wrong to belive in around 20 mill?

I have to say I've seen a lot of advertising for MI4. There hasn't been an action movie for a while so this could bring out a crowd. There are advance screenings tonight and SH2 doesn't open until 5 JAN 2012.

Is it wrong to belive in around 20 mill?

When you compare it to MI2s gross, and add in the "4th film rule", no not really.I would love to see it though!

It doesn't open until tomorrow.. Still one more day :) pre sales are decent, nothing spectacular though..

Advanced screenings today at Event Cinemas. Should show up in this weeks 7 day box office tomorrow.

Advanced screenings today at Event Cinemas. Should show up in this weeks 7 day box office tomorrow.

I forgot about them! Not sure how busy they were..