JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

For some reason Australia is often the biggest foreign market for American Football movies. Comic book based movies tend to perform worse in Australia then the US. I think horror movies tend to not perform as well either.

It seems Urban Cinefile aren't posting weekly grosses. Battleship grossed $5.4m and the top 3 were all Universal films. Titanic grossed $2.1mhttp://www.mpdaa.org...mepage?openformWeek Ending 18-Apr-12 # Film Title Distributor Box Office1 BATTLESHIP UNIVERSAL 5,397,0042 DR. SEUSS' THE LORAX UNIVERSAL 4,174,4813 AMERICAN PIE: REUNION UNIVERSAL 3,631,8344 THE HUNGER GAMES ROADSHOW 3,210,0245 THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL FOX 2,309,6616 PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS SONY PICTURES 2,175,7157 TITANIC 3D FOX 2,112,9658 MIRROR MIRROR ROADSHOW 1,584,2759 21 JUMP STREET SONY PICTURES 921,15910 SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN ROADSHOW 712,938Shame about that HTML.

also first time a studio has had top 3, plenty of times 1-2 or even a combo of other positions like 3-5, but never #1-3

I was just looking at presales for Avengers midnights, and wow it's doing great!I really didn't expect it to do anywhere near as good as it is.I think we can say midnights are finally catching on in Australia (obviously not to the extent of NA)

It should be huge. ROTK made $49m, and given how much more expensive tickets are now compared to then ($3 in fact), I'd say beating Titanic ($57m) is pretty much locked.

Think about Potter 1 to Potter 8. Now rethink your statement.

LOTR was always bigger than Potter. $57m without 3D in last year's prices is 4.4m tickets, 600k less than ROTK. I'd say it has a great chance of beating Titanic. Unless you include the rerelease, which I think will be hard to catch.

^ was that just copied direct or did you do some post processing! ??Also I think this OW for The Avengers could more akin to The Dark Knight than Iron Man......I'm going with a > 3m OD & 11m OW (thats 14m+ for the 5 days)- jajang