JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Does that line up with the Labour Day long weekend in NSW? Meaning it would be the weekend of the grand final.

At least for the next 3 years it does, so i would assume that this is the intention of it moving. it was also to give queensland a long weekend in the 2nd half of the year before christmas - all of queensland public holidays holidays are in june or earlier up till now. excluding the ekka / show day - Brisbane falls in august and other cities around qld have a similar day off.... So yes the new Queens birthday in qld now falls on the first weekend of october which is the same as labour day in NSW.

The Dictator is a huge hit.

it is.in comparison to the US you mean i think.....so...the hunger games disappointedthe avengers disappointedmarigold is just ridiculous!the lorax is a big disappointment hereMen in black is in cruise mode already and is quite strong.

^ hold did i just a say a film that is on the verge of passing 50m here in australia and will be the 3rd all time grosser ever in australia is a disappointment :mouthdropped: :giggle:all jokes of course... the avengers has had an amazing run here .. no doubt it... just pales to the US total (which to be honest should have been expected given it's a comic book film ;)EDIT - now that i think about it's not that far behind really... we are heading for a final 55m+ US total should be very near to 600m at this rate... thats not too bad and it only takes a few crazy holds and well 57m isn't out of the question yet.

Edited by Jajang

Prometheus 4th biggest opening this year, although if you take out holiday openings its #2(exclu TA & SH), but then with Vic teachers strike yesterday that definetly helped, TA yesterday was down less than 30% considering that everything else was 40% or more.

Edited by Rth

Prometheus 4th biggest opening this year, although if you take out holiday openings its #2(exclu TA & SH), but then with Vic teachers strike yesterday that definetly helped, TA yesterday was down less than 30% considering that everything else was 40% or more.

Avengers just keeps on keepin on!What was the OD like dollar-wise?$1m or so?

Does that opening day include the advance screenings on Wednesday night?

So the top 3 had opening weekends of:

1.The Avengers-13,288,146 (cume-$19,305,652)

2.The Hunger Games-$9,051,868

3.Sherlock Holmes-$6,436,337

4.Prometheus ????

Hopefully Prometheus can fall in the $5-6m range.

Also, looks like Prometheus 3D should have a 3D trailer for The Great Gatsby.

http://www.dailytele...0-1226388090731

Luhrmann was keen for Australian audiences to see the 3D trailer for the first time in cinemas this weekend, with the first-look attached to screenings of Prometheus.

Edited by DeeCee

The Hunger Games Thu was 1.763mil 471 prints and went on to make just over $9m for the 4 day weekend which is multiple of 5.3.

1.291*4=$5.164m would probably be the low end.

1.291*5.3=$6.842 would be the upper end for the weekend.

Very good number right around were I expected, I thought it would be on the low end of rth's scale. Also indicates an opening around 51-68m when converted roughly to the US scale.

Actually, I forgot about the Queens birthday public holiday in most of the country on Monday. That should keep sunday up so we could see something like:T-$1.3mF-$1.4mS-$1.6mS-$1.4mM-$1.0m4 day weekend of $5.7m and a cume of over $7m by the end of Monday. Maybe it could even hit $6m for the 4 day weekend.

I was looking at the release schedule on Event Cinema's and I've just noticed that Prometheus has been rated MA. Kind of took me aback, I was expecting it to be M.

It is rated M now. Wonder what happened?