JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Bridesmaids had a 2.1m OW and after an almost 13X multiplier, finished just over 27m.No way will Ted have those kinds of legs, but IF it were to, Ted would finish with over $56m - the third highest film of all time! (to be exact, it would tie Titanic with $56.7m)However, I'm pretty sure NOBODY will be disappointed with a finish, of well, it could stop right now and be classed as a success.. But $40m will be just fine :)

This weekend should be quite interesting.No new films are opening, and older films are being replaed by the addition of sessions for the newer films - this will be the perfect weekend for TED to churn out all the cash it can before Batman steals it's audience next weekend!

This weekend should be quite interesting.No new films are opening, and older films are being replaed by the addition of sessions for the newer films - this will be the perfect weekend for TED to churn out all the cash it can before Batman steals it's audience next weekend!

Hysteria and Not Suitable for Children (and cocktail) are opening, but they won't make any dent as they are limited :POur biggest single day admits for our site is slightly over 10,000. Tuesday was our 2nd biggest in 3 years I think..Today was pretty busy too, Ted powering along!

I really don't know about this one.Ted is putting up extraordinary numbers in Australia, which will now most likely be its biggest OS market.Honestly, I have no clue what it'll do...but I doubt it'll do more than it's doing in Aus. Maybe $30m or something. It opens right during the Olympics too.

The bear smoking the bong guaranteed my admission and probably half of Australia's 18-25 year olds.Ted is the definition of a good marketing campaign leading to huge BO numbers.

Hysteria and Not Suitable for Children (and cocktail) are opening, but they won't make any dent as they are limited :POur biggest single day admits for our site is slightly over 10,000. Tuesday was our 2nd biggest in 3 years I think..Today was pretty busy too, Ted powering along!

Ok that's what I meant - no new films that matter in the grand scheme of things!10,000!!!! HFS!!The busiest ive ever seen is Tuesday which was just under 4000 - but like I've said before, we are a very small site, and that is basically 85-90% capacity for the entire days sessions.(Our daily capacity used to be well over 8500 per day but then we had renovations and lost over 50% of seats. Older projectionists have said that "back in the day" we used to do 6-7000 some days - a number I simply can't comprehended.)

I really don't know about this one.Ted is putting up extraordinary numbers in Australia, which will now most likely be its biggest OS market.Honestly, I have no clue what it'll do...but I doubt it'll do more than it's doing in Aus. Maybe $30m or something. It opens right during the Olympics too.

God damn Olympics ruining everything's chances!!

Rth, what impact did the Sydney Olympics have on the Australian box office? Urban Cinefile from the time suggests a 30-40% drop from normal business for that time of the year. Of course, it would also depend on the quality of films in release.

Edited by DeeCee