JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

TDKR jumped about 30% from Friday-Saturday. Huge HUGE night yesterday, we actually added even more screens to cope.

Saturday was always going to be massive, and will play a big part in just how high the OW figure goes.From what I gathered my works two sessions after 10.00 were pretty full as well - we've only ever had sessions that late for Potter and we sold about 10 tickets the entire OW.

Gangbusters, comparing 1st 4 days with TA We-Sa(considering PubHol opening and 3D0 TDKR Th-Su will be over 13% higher, in top 5 opening weekend, Ted held alright others droped heavily(part of it coming of school hols )

Edited by Rth
  • Like 2

Gangbusters, comparing 1st 4 days with TA We-Sa(considering PubHol opening and 3D0 TDKR Th-Su will be over 13% higher, in top 5 opening weekend, Ted held alright others droped heavily(part of it coming of school hols )

I'm on drugs :) the 1st 4 days comparisons will end up just below or just over 1st 4 days TA (we-sa)

Just drink lots of water and find a quiet place to come down.So TA Wed was $6m and the weekend was $13.3m. That would mean Thu-Sat was probably about $10m. So TA 1st 4 days would have been about $16m. Therefore TDKR will be about $15-16m. That seems a very strong internal multiplier from the opening day.

wow... thats better than i was expecting if it holds up. so it should hold the no. 1 opening of the year until the hobbit goes on his journey. of course Breaking Dawn 2 could surprise us all too but i don't quite see that happening as yet. (in saying that it's hard to dismiss when new moon still owns the 2nd biggest weekend ever.)qn for RTH ... is Ted's hold 40 to 50% ok or better than 40% good ? (I'm expecting a lot of films to drop > 50% this weekend given a big opener and end of school holidays - especially the animated films.

I'd like to see comparisons between the UK, Australia and Domestic for TDK, TA and TDKR. In Australia TDK earned $14.057m over it's first 5 days(wed-sun), TA earned $19.305m over it's first 5 days(wed-sun, boosted by $6m on the ANZAC Day public holiday) and the TDKR has now earned $15.1m over the normal 4 day weekend.In the UK TDK earned £11.191m over 3 days, TA earned £15.778m(over 4 days I think) and TDKR seems to be heading for around £15m over 3 days with sessions starting at 5am on the first day.In the USA/CAN TDK earned $158.411m, TA earned $207.438m and TDKR seems to be heading for just over $160m. Now if any country was going to experience the Heath Ledger factor it would be Australia and considering TDK ended up grossing 50% more then any other comic book movie until the arrival of TA there is probably some truth in that. Since these movies had varied releases over different time periods making a comparison can be a bit difficult. However, I'll give it a go.Doing a rough adjustment to a normal 4 day weekend in Australia suggests TDKR will have still had an OW about 5-10% under TA but about 25% higher then TDK.In the UK TDKR would have had a normal 3 day weekend about 5-10% higher then TA and about 25-30% higher then TDK.In the USA/CAN it looks like TDKR will be just over 20% under TA and about flat with TDK.Make of this what you will.

Edited by DeeCee