JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Considering school is still in that OD is massive. Also the fact most unis would during exams. That should make it the biggest opening in the Jp franchise here - $ or tickets sold.

was very very busy at chermside today (where i went to see the film myself  - theatre was 90 to 95% full just after lunch session vmax)

is 3m+ possible today ?

was very very busy at chermside today (where i went to see the film myself  - theatre was 90 to 95% full just after lunch session vmax)

is 3m+ possible today ?

well north :) already exceeded that 

Edited by rthandhisMinions
  • Like 5

Absolutely huge day at work yesterday. I could easily see around $5m for it.

over should exceed 5.4m get ready to wet yourself

JW biggest Sat ever (prev DH2), 5th biggest Single day

Wkend look at 15.5-16m #3-4 Bigest OWe

• Like 10

So it appears that JW may even best AOU OW here (15.7m). Crazy! With holidays beginning to roll out around the country in about 10 days or so you've gotta think JW souls be able to leg it's way to 40m+ with an outside shot of 50m.

Why does Pixar movie open against minions again?

They're both opening to take advantage of school holidays. Over a 3 week period from next weekend all the states wil have 2 weeks of school holidays. Both films will probably almost stay flat or very small drops for the first 3 weekends.

• Like 1

They're both opening to take advantage of school holidays. Over a 3 week period from next weekend all the states wil have 2 weeks of school holidays. Both films will probably almost stay flat or very small drops for the first 3 weekends.

Will be staying away from the cinema for the next few weeks then!

Really underestimated JW. Thought the trailers were quite lackluster and didn't "feel" like a Jurassic Park movie. Bought tickets Thursday for Friday night and had to sit towards the central/front of the cinema (Germside Vmax). Can't believe this is going to break the OW in the States...

Crazy!

Updated estimate (as part of  that massive 307m International Debut... 

12.1m USD OW

which should equate to around 15.6m to 15.8m at the moment.  nice result.  right in line with what RTH said....