JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

So TDKR wins the year easily in admission. Great stuff, especially that the Ledgfer factor was probably the biggest in Australia for TDK. TDKR finishing with roughly the same total is brilliant.

Actually its pretty much the same between TDKR and TA, TDKR with 3D would eqaute to roughly $54m if it can reach $45m normal.

In IMAX Melbourne we have Tron and Prometheus returning, no sign of Avatar, we had that earlier in the year.Also I'm thinking $65m, just depends on how people react to 48fps, massive positive reactions and you could see grosses more like $75-$85, negative reactions and I wouldn't be surprised if it only just gets over $60.

Edited by Ball Lightning

Ah - Yeah ok TA and TDKR admissions should be around the same level thanks to the 3D factor....unless TH really dissappoints - i just don't see anything less than 60m at the moment (I won't say lock but it has to be one of the first films we are locking for 40m+ with 50m+ 90% chance and 60m at around a 80% chance.... starts to drop off there.... I won't lock Avatar out of the equation but I do doubt that level of interest in the TH - but 80m isn't that far out of reach... Given it's now a trilogy also, you could almost say it could get the same fever pitch that SW saw in '99 - now while the time difference is to great to compare all this ... the effects of this could be very very interesting....side note - i'm holidaying in new zealand in the weeks leading up to christmas - i might have to catch a showing on OD in NZ before coming back and catching it again on OD in australia - is that overboard ? ;)EDIT: just realised how bad that read :PTH - 40m - locked50m - 90%60m - 80%you get the picture :P

Edited by Jajang
  • Like 1

side note - i'm holidaying in new zealand in the weeks leading up to christmas - i might have to catch a showing on OD in NZ before coming back and catching it again on OD in australia - is that overboard ? ;)

I'm probably going on a NZ trip just for TH with a friend... :P Well we are visiting a few people over there, but thats the main reason!