Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' is 7th biggest film of all time and biggest animated film ever!

Some numbers for the week:

- Barbie won the fourth weekend in a row, the total is now 27.5M and will incredibly finish above 30M

- Meg 2 after a 70% drop is now at 3.8M, but it can still outgross the first

- Mission Impossible 7 has basically reached the 5M and now will probably pass MI: Fallout at 5.25M! 

- Demeter/Dracula opened with 100k euros, and the film unfortunately is basically impossible to find being only in 30 theaters across the country

- The Eight Mountains returns to the top 10 and is close to 6M in Italy, after having grossed also 300k in Usa and distributed in several other countries for a 10M WW total

• Like 2

It's at 3.720M tickets sold. Now It's interesting if It can make over 4.3M tickets.

In this case It would surpass Bohemian Rhapsody and Joker as the movie of the last 10 years with more tickets sold After Zalone movies (3 of them )The Lion king and Avatar 2.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Barbie had a 260k wed, 28.1M cume. Pretty much a lock for over 30M.

Theaters near me are keeping Barbie on the biggest screen and they have it showing twice as much as Blue Beetle, which doesn't even feel like a blockbuster in terms of shows, and is struggling to fill even what little it was given. Barbie will stay #1 a while longer.

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

When would Oppenheimer pre-sales start? 

They've started already! Presales are quite incredible for a film a week out here. Theaters around me already have their early OD shows nearly filled which very rarely happens.

Already spillovering with plenty of near-sellouts past OD as well. Demand seems really strong to me and with a barren september it has all the runway for 10M+ imho, but we'll see.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

So it has opened today. Hopefully we get numbers soon. Probably thursday your time. 

Numbers in around 12 hours. 

Maybe cause doesn't have a big release like Barbie against it like in the rest of the world but i think it's coming for one of the biggest debuts post pandemic. Probably near to Barbie (2.2M euros) first day. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3

Yeah with the numbers I am seeing can totally be 2M+.

There is absolutely nothing in theaters for months. 20M+ or higher is definitely possible if people like it. mid-late september will have 4 days of big discounts as well and oppenheimer will still be the main event in theaters when that rolls around, easily.

Edited by JustLurking

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Yeah with the numbers I am seeing can totally be 2M+.

There is absolutely nothing in theaters for months. 20M+ or higher is definitely possible if people like it. mid-late september will have 4 days of big discounts as well and oppenheimer will still be the main event in theaters when that rolls around, easily.

Nothing?. There are definitely a lot of movies coming in September. 

New Poirot movie set in Venice could make something between movie 1 and movie 2 and around 10M. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Nothing?. There are definitely a lot of movies coming in September. 

New Poirot movie set in Venice could make something between movie 1 and movie 2 and around 10M. 

Ah wait, that's coming in september?  Didn't even know there was another one LOL. Yeah I guess there's that. And Nun/expendables I guess probably will do decent.

Edited by JustLurking

7 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Ah wait, that's coming in september?  Didn't even know there was another one LOL. Yeah I guess there's that. And Nun/expendables I guess probably will do decent.

gran turismo, asteroid city, ninjja turtles, the equalizer 3 ... i'm not saying they're gonna do big big money but they are gonna take their screens.

then there are italian movies could make good too like Io Capitano by Matteo Garrone and some other comedies. This just in one month.

Anyways if it makes a 2M+ debut still could make 20M final. I didn't want to say your prediction is wrong, just the competition will come (which would make a good result even more relevant)

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1