Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' becomes biggest 2024 film

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Wow, that is quite a great hold isn’t it? $10m opening weekend is possible.

Probably not but lets see. DS is lucky that there will be bad weather in many places in Italy
im thinking something between 8-9M

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MG10 said:

Hey let's not exaggerate now, when a film come out so early (I still don't understand why the Wednesday release exists...) then Saturdays and Sundays usually aren't as big as they usually would be

After 2M the first day and 1M the second I expect 1M also the third and then a Saturday and a Sunday of 2M and 1.5M. So a nearly 8M debut that would already put it above the total gross of the first Doctor Strange 😱

May not be euro 10m but usd10m is slightly easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pepsa said:

DS2: MoM € 1.379.897 Friday 06/05, nice bump I would say

After passing Morbius in just two days it has now grossed more than Shang-Chi, tomorrow it's Black Widow's turn and after the weekend it will also have overtaken Venom 2 and possibly also the Eternals... 

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

Saturday numbers

impressive jump for DS

1 DOCTOR STRANGE NEL MULTIVERSO DELLA FOLLIA (DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS) 04/05/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 2.231.531 289.304 € 4.493.693 610.906

the first movie did 685k on saturday 

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

MCU saturday numbers

No Way Home: € 2.7M€
Endgame: € 2
.683M€ 

AoU: € 2.495.70
Doctor Strange MoM: € 2.254M€

Infinity War: € 1.7M€
The Avengers:€ 1.64M€

Here Infinity War made "only" 9M in the first week, we are probably the only country where Doctor Strange 2 is going to open with similar numbers 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

At the end Doctor Strange 2 opened with 8.3M euros (9.1M dollars) in 5 days, an excellent start that already put it above the final total of the first movie and which most likely means an higher total than Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron (both at 16 million)

For the other movies we have Fantastic Beasts 3 in second position with 360k that just exceeded 8 million and Sonic 2 in fourth with 200k, ready to exceed 4 million

• Like 3

Here we are at another Monday, I was able to survive the week despite the absurd heat 

Doctor Strange 2 wins the weekend but with a very sharp drop and only 3M earned during the week (I was expecting at least 4M) for a 11.4M total, the reviews for the film are better than in other countries but here the crazy heat has certainly affected the performance (+10 degrees in less than a week...) and also the Eurovision hosted this year in Italy has certainly taken away part of the public

Then I noticed the debut of 355 with 80k euros, more in line with Spain given that in the UK and France at the end of the run it exceeded one million...

In the end, the awful film Il Sesso degli Angeli is already out of the top 10 with just 1.5M euros in total, continuing the negative parable both for quality and for revenues of Pieraccioni's films, which in the 90s and 2000s had 3 films that made 40, 38 and 30M euros...

• Like 2

Crunchyroll announced that Jujutsu Kaisen 0 will be released in June in 200 theathers, from thursday 9 to thursday 16. Honestly I was expecting a few more theathers, the biggest releases have over 1000 theathers and apart from Jurassic World 3 there won't be another opponent...

• Astonished 1

If I'll stop writing in the site it's most likely because the hottest May I can remember will have melted my brain, so let's hope to continue for a long time  : )

Speaking of heat, the movies are sadly affected with Strange making another terrible drop and earning just 1.1M in 7 days (after his 8.3M debut and 3.1M in the second week). Now that 16/17M is absolutely impossible I would say that the maximum target can be The Dark Knight Rises at 14.7M euros

Something who doesn't seem affected is Top Gun 2, which with the previews alone earns 800k in just two days (this is also the first time I've seen a film having tracked previews in Italy...). My simple analysis is that Tom Cruise is fucking popular, his presence alone could push the film above 10M despite the weather

• Like 3

Since No Way Home and The Batman have finished their runs and Doctor Strange is already dead after four weeks I wanted to update the ranking of the highest grossing superhero films in Italy, here it is:

Marvel

Avengers: Endgame (2019) - €30.28 million

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) - €24.66 million

Spider-Man (2002) - €19.26 million

Spider-Man 2 (2004) - €18.98 million

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - €18.78 million

Spider-Man 3 (2007) - €18.05 million

The Avengers (2012) - €18.01 million

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - €16.57 million

Iron Man 3 (2013) - €16.09 million

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) - €13.67 million

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) - €11.81 million

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) - €11.78 million

Captain America: Civil War (2016) - €11.31 million

Captain Marvel (2019) - €10.25 million

DC

Joker (2019) - €29.65 million

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - €14.67 million

Suicide Squad (2016) - €12.11 million

Aquaman (2019) - €10.77 million

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) - €10.56 million

The Batman (2022) - €10.22 million

The Dark Knight (2008) - €9.48 million

Of the remaining superhero movies to be released in 2022 the only one that has a chance to exceed 10 million euros is Thor Love and Thunder (Thor Ragnarock made 8.8 million), and I must specify that the threshold was probably exceeded also by the Fantastic Four film of 2005 since it made 9M and at the time Cinetel covered less than 90% of the Italian box office

Edited by MG10
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Show Me The Legion said:

Thought it would be that range. Certainly a 10M candidate then. I’d guess more 9M though.

Mah I don't know, even the first one didn't come close and I almost see the sequel more likely to earn less instead of more... 

Then maybe they'll surprise us with incredible and unimaginable things in the trailer and I'll have to take it back 😁

Edited by MG10