The Panda

The Box Office Forums Film Festival

I am starting this to be a film festival styled event, what happens is1.Each participant picks a movie that goes with the current festival's theme (the first 10-15ish participants for that festival get to do this, the rest just do the below but can still participate)2.We'll set a 2-4 week period where everyone watches the movies and discusses them in the forum3.After you have watched (or re-watched if you had already seen it) you will vote for one movie for each award category (or 5 actors/actresses for the all star cast, and 10 for the honorable performance)4.I'll announce the awards in a film festival like awards ceremony, each award your movie received will be x points (different awards will give a different amount of points) for you, the participant with the most points is the winner of that festival. (Anyone with a box office forums account may submit a vote ballot)The purpose of this is to have a fun "competition" that lets people see a variety of movies they may not have otherwise seen, so discussion of the films is highly advised (just put spoilers in spoiler tags).The theme of this festival will be Overlooked Movies,For people interested in submitting a movie the criteria for an overlooked movie is 1.Not Well Known2.Either low box office numbers or overlooked by critics3.A film that could easily fit under the word OverlookedInterested ParticipantsSchumacher FTWDivergent Filmsgrim22ChDBlankmentsElectricFancyarcherSpaghetti

Edited by The Panda

I just need participatants because if we do it I know the awards we'll use and the movie theme is Overlooked Movies.So the interested participants pm or post one movie you'd like to be your entry. The movie needs to be a film that is overlooked (in your opinion) in one of the following ways1.Not well known2.Ignored by critics or small box office (and not a cult classic)3.Anything that would in your opinion be overlooked. (If the movie is to well known I will tell you)

We could use 2-6 more interest participants for competing, if you have already volunteered then feel free to pm me your movie pick.Once everyone signs up ill pm for a reminder to make sure everyone participating is still in and I'll ask for a good time in the next month or so for the festival to take place.