Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Yeah but I thought everyone and their mothers only saw Avatar in 3D for that "3D crap" only.

Keep going on contradicting yourself, it's so much fun how your feet are tripping on the rug. :lol:

Lol Dash you have BKB at a crossroads yet again my fellow warrior and good buddy.. Hah hah I love it...

Funny how Avengers needed many movies and huge advertising for years and still everyone and their mothers didnt show up.lol

But Avatar was an original, strange concept film that topples a film no other film has come close to beating for 14 yrs...And guess what it would seem it was the same filmmaker and team that owned the last record...LOL

:sherlock:

• Like 2

Cameron has the 1st 1B, 1st 2B it would make sense to have the first 3B.

Neo you could almost says its lock to happen.Especially if we get another 650-800+ M just on the domestic end.

Most feel OS will be 2.5-3.3+ B all by itself... Avengers and Sw7 willbe lucky to make 800-900+ M OS in comparison.

And no one is feeling confident that AOU can make 600M again domestically. .That might be the  max right there

Well what choice did they have??? No one in their right mind was going to wait in line for the 3D crap because people have LIVES and things to do.. Only nerds wait for shit like this..

I didnt know you had 50-90 year old nerds BKB...lol

ROFL...You had none of those in droves coming out for Avengers... Only Batman and Superman has a chance to change that if good :)

Neo you could almost says its lock to happen.Especially if we get another 650-800+ M just on the domestic end.

Most feel OS will be 2.5-3.3+ B all by itself... Avengers and Sw7 willbe lucky to make 800-900+ M OS in comparison.

And no one is feeling confident that AOU can make 600M again domestically. .That might be the  max right there

800-900M should happen for AOU, especially the low-end. 600M is better shot than 800M for Avatar 2 in my mind. With a 225M OW it will need a 2.667X definitely possible.

• Like 1

800-900M should happen for AOU, especially the low-end. 600M is better shot than 800M for Avatar 2 in my mind. With a 225M OW it will need a 2.667X definitely possible.

Oh 600-850M is a good lowend to highend range...I just feel it will increase on all ends knowing James Cameron and Fox  capabilties at marketign the hell of the greatest epic's  continued story..I keep looking at T2's jump and you do know A2 has the chance to go for 900M-1B domestic... This is crazy...If its gets a 6x-7x multiplier with a 150-225M OW....Its going to be mindblowing..

Also Avatar I has a record thats equally unbeatable as was Titanic before it.

Wow lowest 2nd weekend drop.. Like 5-10% drop or something like that from the last weekend..

Oh 600-850M is a good lowend to highend range...I just feel it will increase on all ends knowing James Cameron and Fox  capabilties at marketign the hell of the greatest epic's  continued story..I keep looking at T2's jump and you do know A2 has the chance to go for 900M-1B domestic... This is crazy...If its gets a 6x-7x multiplier with a 150-225M OW....Its going to be mindblowing..

Also Avatar I has a record thats equally unbeatable as was Titanic before it.

Wow lowest 2nd weekend drop.. Like 5-10% drop or something like that from the last weekend..

I meant AOU has a better shot at 600M than does Avatar to make 850M. Before we say 150M-200M we should wait to see what VII does in December.

Why should I accept FilmJunk's opinion as objective fact? It was *a* factor... but if that's the case, how come NO 3-D films had any sort of impact whatsoever prior to AVATAR?

It's like saying the only reason TITANIC made 600m is because teenage girls saw it non-stop. While it's true that repeat viewings helped, it reached all demographics in a very emotional way.

If AVATAR made half of what it did, then maybe I'd buy the 3D argument. But it so completely crushed every other film, it's not remotely the reason.

Worldwide, AVATAR outgrossed TA and TDK combined. C'mon now.

Preach it Tele-machos And Dash Rendar The wise.....

I hope Tele also comes around to feeling as we do Dash, KK, Bball , neo and all believers in Cameron  that this film will fly over the 3billion ww mark. :)

• Like 1

I still love that even though we treat A1 as an anomaly, and almost all of us expect it to decrease, we still see it in 2b ballpark lol

Ahh the power of believing in James Cameron  Bballman.... And many of us actually dont think it will descrease this time.

:)...We have far more believers and pretty much no one believes TA2 has a chance to even smell the success of A2

I expect the three upcoming movies to win their respective year.

Second that..  I think within 2-3 films it will surpass the entire HP franchise ...

Oh again on BKB nonsense... That Avatar is forgotten. Seems Disney has made deals already to make money after the destruction of TA 2 that they know is coming.

Of course TA2 will make very good banks thanks to 3D as well though. so BKB wont be crying for long..:P

Will decrease you say gang??  I think not! AvatarPosted Image land goes live just in time for the Juggernauts 2's epic Return!!

WOW!!

Theme park attraction

At Disney's 2013 D23 event, it was announced that a theme park will be based on AvatarPosted Image, which will be called Avatar Land.[151] It will be a themed area at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

(DISNEY MAKES SURE TO GET SOME MONEY FROM THE AVATAR 2 Taking over the world)..I wonder how millions have Avatar  I as their all time favorite movie experience, and call JAmes the greatest director if  A1 is a forgotten film

BKB , surely you must look at your posts and understand you sound crazy!

You know how many best film and best director awards Avatar I received  from around the world.( Did TA manage any major reward from any film organization) loll

Hah hah on forgettable film....

• Like 2

Kal, what is your favorite Cameron film? Mine is Aliens, although I love the Abyss, Titanic, and Avatar.(I have yet to see the others)

Oh pretty much all of them..Pirana 2 was sort of goofy though.

My Favorites of all time.

1. Juggernaut 2009

2. Titanic

3.  T2 Judgement Day

4. Aliens

5. Abyss

6. Terminator

7. True Lies.

8. Rambo 2(Cameron wrote it I believe) lol but didnt direct :)

• Like 2

I love me some BKB in this thread. He's the only reason this thread keeps going even there's literally nothing about the sequels happening lol

I like how the sequel to the mutherfocking highest grossing film of all time doesn't come out untill 6 years later, while in the rest world of hollywood everyone is like "OMG let's get this sequel made asap before people start to forget it."

• Like 3