Peeta Tong Karanasios

Maleficent OS Thread

I bet Disney has some ~tricks~ up their sleeve to push it to $750m :)$500m OS is definitely a lock, which is more or less incredible accomplishment.When does it pass Oz domestic? Maybe Sunday or middle of next week?

Well, Considering the fact that Maleficent will pass $233 million either today or tomorrow, I think it's safe to say that passing OZ total by Sunday is almost a guarantee. What I want to know is, what do guys think will be the final # for Maleficent by the end of it's theater run stateside? Edited by sfran43

I am astonished that Europe so underperformed for Maleficient!!

Especially France and Germany with $17m each (Italy and Spain are about equal with them).

UK and Russia with 31 and 37 were not that much better either.

Really well did it in Latin America and Asia (and North America also did better than expected).

• Like 1

I am astonished that Europe so underperformed for Maleficient!!

Especially France and Germany with $17m each (Italy and Spain are about equal with them).

UK and Russia with 31 and 37 were not that much better either.

Really well did it in Latin America and Asia (and North America also did better than expected).

37m in Russia is not good enough for you? It was incredibly leggy there in a very frontloaded market and first I thought it would reach 20-25m.It's a great number you know.

• Like 3

37m in Russia is not good enough for you? It was incredibly leggy there in a very frontloaded market and first I thought it would reach 20-25m.It's a great number you know.

if you compare it with Mexico 46, Brazil 32, China 47 and Japan 39++, even the 37 of Russia are not that special, but not bad (you are right).

• Like 1

if you compare it with Mexico 46, Brazil 32, China 47 and Japan 39++, even the 37 of Russia are not that special, but not bad (you are right).

China and Japan are bigger markets than Russia so it's quite unfair and the Brazilian number is as impressive as the Russian one. Mexico is the only market with an impressive number in your list.And the most impressive market for it is Venezuela.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

China and Japan are bigger markets than Russia so it's quite unfair and the Brazilian number is as impressive as the Russian one. Mexico is the only market with an impressive number in your list.And the most impressive market for it is Venezuela.

Well Maleficient is No 1 in Brazil, but not in Russia.

Venezuela! almost 5time Dragons - very impressive

• Like 1