grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

And the sister a bit of a slut, let's be honest.

I did notice that both girls were EXTREMELY thin.

and the eyes are bigger than the wrists

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/12/18/anna_in_frozen_her_eyes_are_bigger_than_her_wrists.html

"physical differences between the sexes are exaggerated to uphold the narrative that men and women are opposite"...Disney films magnify gender differences between male and female characters, particularly if they are portrayed on screen as eligible for romantic attention....In the latest Disney movie Frozen, the heroine Anna's eyes are bigger than her wrists."

Is this better?

Posted Image

• Like 2

You know what I just realized, I'm like Tele 2.0 with Frozen. I never saw it in theaters, I finally managed to watch half of it on the plane next week and when I expected to finish it on the flight home, it wasn't an option! So I'm still Frozenless.

... but Tele actually finished Frozen and loved it ;)

I can't bring myself to watch The Giver trailer. How bad is it? I loved that book and Gathering Blue.

It's awful; just watch August Osage County's trailer instead

As I posted in the Frozen thread, I totally screwed over those who hadn't seen Frozen yet in my English class by having our teacher play it with "English Descriptive Audio Service." Added a lot of hilarity to it, but like half the class was pissed at me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6MlHxAzLXA

• Like 2

Oh, and it's amazing how much indifference I have to Divergent. It doesn't look bad to me, but it doesn't look good either. I think it's the first blockbuster since I've been on these boards that has really just been... there

• Like 1

Does anybody know of a website (free website, that is) that will show what percentage of the ticket buyers for Divergent were male/female?  I would be curious to see those numbers for this movie's first 3 weekends in release.  Supposedly it is doing much better amongst males compared to the crappy Twilight movies that had audiences that were almost 75% female.

Edited by Ando918

How people would react if they see today's 3D animations before 1980s ? Would they accept the three-dimensional characters with clear details.

Possibly and maybe even start preferring them to 2D animation. There is some weird human mentality when it comes to animation, that 2D hand-drawn is somehow "lesser" and more "ridiculous" when compared to 3D CGI, and so not worth the ticket price.

The One Direction and Justin Bieber concert movies?

50 Shades of Shit?

Sex and the City movies and some concert movies have higher I think

And maybe Magic Mike too.

So, in other words, just about anything under the sun.