CJohn

Underworld: Blood Wars | Jan 6, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 7

3 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

So for those who have seen it, having enjoyed the previous films in the series, will I like this one or is it not worth getting out in this buck ass cold to go see in the theater?

And if i'm being honest, I am looking for answers from people who actually enjoyed the previous movies. If you didn't like them, and you don't like this one, big whoop.

You will like this one. I have enjoyed all previous movies and I think this works as a good conclusion to the franchise.

• Like 1

Lol even Underworld has fanboy loons. I like the first 3 movies quite a bit, they are lots of fun. But there is no way to spin a 13m opening. This might not pass 30m domestic. 

Where is this 100m WW coming from? Isn't its run almost done OS? Has it opened everywhere? its only at 42m that one did 97m. Its down in like all markets. Its gonna do like 35% the 4th ones gross in Russia. Its only done like 25% of the 4th on in Germany two after a month. 

The franchise is done. 

53 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

So for those who have seen it, having enjoyed the previous films in the series, will I like this one or is it not worth getting out in this buck ass cold to go see in the theater?

And if i'm being honest, I am looking for answers from people who actually enjoyed the previous movies. If you didn't like them, and you don't like this one, big whoop.

It harkens back to what made the first two film great. You see functioning covens, you see elders, and you just get the feeling like you're watching an Underworld film again

18 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Lol even Underworld has fanboy loons. I like the first 3 movies quite a bit, they are lots of fun. But there is no way to spin a 13m opening. This might not pass 30m domestic. 

Where is this 100m WW coming from? Isn't its run almost done OS? Has it opened everywhere? its only at 42m that one did 97m. Its down in like all markets. Its gonna do like 35% the 4th ones gross in Russia. Its only done like 25% of the 4th on in Germany two after a month. 

The franchise is done. 

$35M budget my man, it probably doesn't have to bring in Awakening type money. It still has to open in France, Spain, and the UK. It just opened in Japan today. 

Just now, Bishop54 said:

$35M budget my man, it probably doesn't have to bring in Awakening type money. It still has to open in France, Spain, and the UK. It just opened in Japan today. 

Its marketing cost where the same though.

Budget 35m 

Marketing 25 (probably more)

30m Domestic = 16.5m

60m OS =24m 

Thats 40.5m, A loss of almost 20m off theatrical release. They won't loose any money after its all said and done, probably break even maybe make a buck or two, but there is no where to go but down from here. 

Its the 5th movies and its going to sell half as many tickets as current Lowest Seller in the series domestically. Its Over.

17 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Budget 35m 

30m Domestic = 16.5m

60m OS =24m 

Thats 40.5m, A loss of almost 20m off theatrical release. They won't loose any money after its all said and done, probably break even maybe make a buck or two, but there is no where to go but down from here. 

Its the 5th movies and its going to sell half as many tickets as current Lowest Seller in the series domestically. Its Over.

Yeah, it is done. They were probably hoping for 90-100M OS again and that didn't happened.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mredman said:

its not done at all thats ridiculous to say. We will get another one with Kate for sure. 35 million budget its already on 45 million overseas

Sure, you have to think its not a total failure, but I imagine the studio heads were expecting to make a bit of cash by cutting the budget in half... not just break even.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

Sure, you have to think its not a total failure, but I imagine the studio heads were expecting to make a bit of cash by cutting the budget in half... not just break even.

with 100 million it will already have tripled its production budget

2 hours ago, mredman said:

with 100 million it will already have tripled its production budget

But the majority of that comes from overseas where they wont recoup as much back from sales, and marketing budget etc. probably raise the actual cost of the film much closer to 50M than the 35M production budget. There are far more factors to take into account than just a budget.

7 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

But the majority of that comes from overseas where they wont recoup as much back from sales, and marketing budget etc. probably raise the actual cost of the film much closer to 50M than the 35M production budget. There are far more factors to take into account than just a budget.

Did they get a tax credit for filming in Prague?

C

urrently, the Czech Republic has a 20% cash rebate available for producers. There is no cap on the amount of grant per project, but eligible spend may not exceed 80% of a project’s total budget.

Edited by Bishop54

3 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

Maybe... I thought that usually the budgets reported were after the credits and stuff they had been given, so the 35M would be after that, AKA, what the studio had to front.

There's so many hidden costs and rebates I guess we'll never know.

4 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

The franchise is done. 

They haven't updated the OS total for 3 weeks so it will be way higher

Edited by fmpro

4 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Budget 35m 

30m Domestic = 16.5m

60m OS =24m 

It will do more than 60 mill OS. It could be around that allready