CJohn

Underworld: Blood Wars | Jan 6, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 7

13 hours ago, shayhiri said:

OMG. Show me one good female action director!! No sexism, just common sense - if I knew who the director was ahead of seeing this, I wouldn't be so disappointed.

In order for me to name one one needs to be given a chance. 

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 5

Yeah, I did some math meanwhile, worked it out myself. :) Also, I'm pretty sure there are some good ones already, maybe not too popular yet...

OK, I'm sorry it sounded off - it would have been just as bad with a nobody male director. It looks like they've dumped the series by this point. Really bad.

Australian opening of around AUD1.4-1.6 million suggests USD15-20m OW. 

The opening will be a 40% drop from the last one which benefited from opening on a public holiday Thursday. 

I'm thinking $17m OW. Give or take a million. 

Edited by DeeCee

12 hours ago, shayhiri said:

OMG. Show me one good female action director!! No sexism, just common sense - if I knew who the director was ahead of seeing this, I wouldn't be so disappointed.

Kathryn Bigelow is quite good at action set pieces.

However, like it has been mentioned, if no woman is given a chance, how will she prove her mettle?

It's just like the eternal argument of "Well, if there were any Asian/Latino/Native American movie stars, these blockbusters would not be cast with just whites" versus the "Well, if Hollywood actually gave more Asian/Latino/Native American actors the same chances to become film stars that they give whites, there would be Asian/Latino/Native American movie stars to cast these movies."

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Katherine Bigalow 

Oh, come on! That's just Jim Cameron's wife. Of course she picked up something.

LOL, jking... She was the first (and only) one I thought about straight away - but she's not visual enough for the movies we're talking here. I'm talking: female Zack Snyder, or Tarsem Singh, Gore Verbinski, Joseph Kosinski, etc...

All you've got are the Wachowski bros... lol

Edited by shayhiri

12 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

LOL, jking... She was the first (and only) one I thought straight away - but she's not visual enough for the movies we're talking here. I'm talking: female Zack Snyder, or Tarsem Singh, Gore Verbinski, Joseph Kosinski, etc...

I thought of the Wachowski's but I didn't want to even open that can of worms.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

LOL, jking... She was the first (and only) one I thought straight away - but she's not visual enough for the movies we're talking here. I'm talking: female Zack Snyder, or Tarsem Singh, Gore Verbinski, Joseph Kosinski, etc...

I don't think people in general, and specially women given history, like to be defined by their spouses, specially when using such an adverb as "just" right before it. Even in jest.

Anyways, Anna Foerster has got a couple more of action movies incoming after Underworld, so hopefully she'll someday become a great action director, who knows?

• Like 1