CJohn

Underworld: Blood Wars | Jan 6, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 7

2 hours ago, kowhite said:

So with this movie, Reisdent Evil now reigns supreme?  At least amongst the hot chick action horror looks like a video game genre?

Resident Evil is also ending in a matter of weeks. Though it was never a question, was it? At least box office wise.

I think that's @Valonqar point, by any other name it's still bad. Both franchises are bad as he sees it regardless if one is called RE and the other UW.

Lukemia is just cancer(something bad) by another name besides cancer.

Now me, I enjoy both as the guilty pleasures they are while acknowledging they aren't very deep. Sometimes you just need to have unadulterated fun without any underlying message. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I've only seen the first movie. Thought it was okay, a bit boring though. A lot of style over substance. Should I see this one?

No, you wouldn't understand anything of the story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

I think that's @Valonqar point, by any other name it's still bad. Both franchises are bad as he sees it regardless if one is called RE and the other UW.

Lukemia is just cancer(something bad) by another name besides cancer.

Now me, I enjoy both as the guilty pleasures they are while acknowledging they aren't very deep. Sometimes you just need to have unadulterated fun without any underlying message. 

This. :hi5:

I enjoy them as a guilty pleasure, RE more than UW (I like Alice while Seline is just a giant iceberg albeit very hot looking one) but find UW:RotL to be the best of all  of them. 

• Like 1

Given the miniscule budget (35 Million) it will make a modest profit,but will not be nearly as profitable as the other films in the series. Probably the last film in the franchise, it seems to have run it course at the box office. And it ran it's course storywise a long time ago.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

already on 45 million overseas  for an R rated movie on a 35 million budget is pretty good for a 5th entry in the franchise. And this one is the best since 2nd part. And i have seen basically all people say that so with this one so good i bet a 6th one will do better because Awakening was not so good so some people stayed away. But BW is on par with the first and 2nd Underworld movies. So people will show up for the 6th one because BW delivers

Again critics show how out of touch and worthless they are. But what else is new really.

2 hours ago, mredman said:

already on 45 million overseas  for an R rated movie on a 35 million budget is pretty good

Yeah, it's pretty great, actually. Even with something like $100M WW Sony will make a decent profit out of this, which is more than what it can be said for Awackening ($160M WW out of $70M budget).

With Blood Wars they are not even trying to reach an audience out of their core fanbase, but I doubt they would invest these profits into a bigger sixth entry.

Maybe they should create some related products like comic books.

Edited by The47th

So for those who have seen it, having enjoyed the previous films in the series, will I like this one or is it not worth getting out in this buck ass cold to go see in the theater?

And if i'm being honest, I am looking for answers from people who actually enjoyed the previous movies. If you didn't like them, and you don't like this one, big whoop.

Edited by Kalderic