CJohn

Underworld: Blood Wars | Jan 6, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 7

With the introduction of Selene (Kate Beckinsale) and Michael Corvin’s (Scott Speedman) hybrid daughter, Eve (pictured above; India Eisley), in the 2012 Underworld: Awakening, Screen Gems passed the torch to another star in hopes of continuing the franchise.After a decade-long battle between vampires and werewolves, like it or not, the Underworld franchise is legit. After four successful films, I’m told by my studio Intel that Screen Gems is actively developing the fifth, currently titled Underworld: Next Generation.While the title could change by the time they go into production, right now they’re seeking a writer and director for the fifth film, although Len Wiseman remains producer. It’s also unclear what direction they will be going as Beckeisale is not attached yet, officially. Hence the title, Next Generation, it’s implied that the new film will follow Eve as the film’s protagonist.Again, since a director and writer have yet to be assigned, things could change. But in the early stages of development, this is where the studio hopes to take the franchise come 2015.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3285226/underworld-next-generation-in-development-exclusive/I'm a huge Underworld fan but I won't watch this if Kate isn't in it. Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 5

I won't write this off but Selene is the whole reason the saga has a soul.

I'm not sure that in 4 films I've seen a reason to buy into the vamp/wolf war outside Selene's personal emotional tug of war.

Maybe her daughter demonstrates that? We'll see but at minimum a Beckinsale cameo would help, even if it's a cliche thing where she dies giving deeper motive to Eve. 

• Like 3

Umm..... Why not just make a direct sequel to the 4th one? They have to find Micheal and get back together with him. He doesn't even know that he has a daughter!I guess there's a possibility that Beckinsale won't come back so they have to explore other story lines.

• Like 2

Umm..... Why not just make a direct sequel to the 4th one? They have to find Micheal and get back together with him. He doesn't even know that he has a daughter!I guess there's a possibility that Beckinsale won't come back so they have to explore other story lines.

^^Hey Hey Junk shop ;).. Yep I would like them to pay enough to get speedman and Kate in this one.. And the 4th was a huge success thanks to 3D and  worldwide fanlove.. So if they bring the original micheal and selene back. with one hell of a story andtheir daughter. I can see the films only go up up.

Lets not forget its in the dvd sales where all the money truly is because if youcan make a film have a cult following, it will far surpass the franchises smaller BO tally.

Underworld on DVD must have made hundreds of millions more for instance by now ontop of the Underworld I's tidy sum at the box office.. Also DVDS give the studios all the cash. No need to share revenue with theaters or anyone :)

• Like 2

Yeah, if Kate isn't in this, I won't even watch it on video.  :angry:

Lol kicks EMpire in the shin!!! Hey good buddy dont forget Scott Speedman. Im pretty sure Awakening would have made even more money had they given Scott a good story to work with and the story was their family vs that evil corporation run by werewolves. :)

Wouldn't surprise me especially in a era of reboots

Hey Hey Heatvision friend. Reboot is cool but focus your thought power my friend and all our partners in crime here on just getting back Kate and Scott and even Lucind and Sonya(Micheal Sheen and that hot chick ) back in the saddle in an all out war!!