CJohn

Underworld: Blood Wars | Jan 6, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 7

5 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Based on the movie's domestic performance, it'll probably finish it with something between 30-35 million.

Overseas grosses are better. I guess the movie will probably end its run with 90-100 million worldwide. Perhaps we'll get a final movie. I mean, if Rise of The Lycans made less than 100 million worldwide and  we still got a sequel, chances are that we'll see a final Underworld that will probably be heavily promoted like the final Resident Evil movie.

A final movie would need to happen in the next couple years.

• Like 1

Saw this last week.  I can't help myself.  The combination of Kate and just the whole cheesy vampire/werewolf dynamic always draws me in.  Seen em' all and all in theaters.  This definitely isn't the worst-not sure where I'd rank it yet, maybe 2nd or 3rd.  A shit load of exposition, but for some reason I don't mind it, ha. Obviously a few really cheese parts but overall I had a good time...a much better time than I did sitting thru live by night earlier today. 

And I will be seeing REfinal, as I've seen all those too.  The poster who said a Alice vs selene brawl movie is a genius.  I'd be there in a heartbeat.  

Edited by holcs
  • Like 1

Its on 70 million now. So its now doubled its Production Budget in BO sales alone. Definitely see a last installment for this franchise to wrap it all up. It would like do better because a last one usually always do better because people wanna see how it ends

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mredman said:

Its on 70 million now. So its now doubled its Production Budget in BO sales alone. Definitely see a last installment for this franchise to wrap it all up. It would like do better because a last one usually always do better because people wanna see how it ends

And it should be marketed better. It needs to happen sooner rather than later though.

I don't think a sequel will happen, they are disappointed a bit and a 6th would decrease from this no doubt , no reason to assume it would increase. Its not worth the investment, put out another box set, call it a day. 

I mean who knows what will happen in 5/6 years but this franchise has stalled, if this did the same numbers as Awakening I bet they would have had a 6th film ready to go basically, but now not so much. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I don't think a sequel will happen, they are disappointed a bit and a 6th would decrease from this no doubt , no reason to assume it would increase. Its not worth the investment, put out another box set, call it a day. 

I mean who knows what will happen in 5/6 years but this franchise has stalled, if this did the same numbers as Awakening I bet they would have had a 6th film ready to go basically, but now not so much. 

Yup. The fans are just talking delusional at this point. Another Underworld film isn't happening, we might get a TV show though, heh.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Half the budget of Awakening peeps, remember that. Plus if they push it like the RE final installment then it'll do fine.

I've already broken it down for you, it is not going to make a profit from theaters. You understand that marketing cost probably didn't drop and at minimum, marketing cost like 30m probably.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I've already broken it down for you, it is not going to make a profit from theaters. You understand that marketing cost probably didn't drop and at minimum, marketing cost like 30m probably.

What have you seen from the marketing that points to costing that much? It will make over half of what Awakening made. Besides, I'm not sure I should take your advice since you were wrong about Mojos updating of the overseas numbers. Funny, you left to make pasta and never came back to discuss that. 

Edited by Bishop54

3 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

What have you seen from the marketing that points to costing that much? It will make over half of what Awakening made. Besides, I'm not sure I should take your advice since you were wrong about Mojos updating of the overseas numbers. Funny, you left to make pasta and never came back to discuss that. 

Have you ever looked at what it cost to market a movie? In 2015 Colombia pictures spent 170m in TV spots alone from 15 wide releases in AMERICA alone. Not counting how much they spend marketing OS, plus print, talk shows, and so on, I mean they drop MILLIONS of dollars on just cutting the trailers and Tv spots. 

10 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Because I have more important shit to do worth my life sometime then try and explain simple things to crazy people who cant understand simple concepts sometimes. 

38 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

One of very many articles. http://variety.com/2016/film/features/movie-marketing-advertising-tv-campaigns-1201724468/

You think this shit is cheap? "One producer notes that the standard rate for prime placement across the top of YouTube’s home page is $725,000 per day."  

In the summer they had articles all the time on how movies are dropping 25m + on TV spots alone.

edit : @Bishop54Did you read this yet, or did this get lost in shuffle for you. This is all I was trying to show you and you randomly started bringing up shit form a week ago. I was simply trying to expand your movie knowledge, not trying to be hostile. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Because I have more important shit to do worth my life sometime then try and explain simple things to crazy people who cant understand simple concepts sometimes. 

But I proved you wrong lol, the least you could have done was read what I posted and acknowledge it. But I see you're the type to think you're always right even when you're shown to be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I guess when you're wrong you resort to emoticons...nice job. 

All i did was post exactly what the BOM chart said.... 

Im sorry Underworld 5 isn't a fucking hit, boo hoo, I have no idea why you keep going, I'm trying to fucking HELP. I'm posting articles, numbers, seriously haha

Like Im sorry but if Marketing costs for a movie being 30m surprises you and you post on a movie forum everyday , I have to assume you don't read or pay attention to anything

Edited by Jay Hollywood

2 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

All i did was post exactly what the BOM chart said.... 

Im sorry Underworld 5 isn't a fucking hit, boo hoo, I have no idea why you keep going, I'm trying to fucking HELP. I'm posting articles, numbers, seriously haha

I did the same thing and you ignored mine, so......

For the record, I don't need another Underworld film but if KB is attached then it would be great. To say that it isn't going to happen might be premature, after all this is SONY we're talking about here.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I did the same thing and you ignored mine, so......

The truth is I didn't IGNORE YOU, I said i was done with the Convo, I made FOOD, watched a MOVIE, went to WORK, had SEX, went to SLEEP, WOKE UP,  Went for a JOG, made BREAKFEAST saw what you posted 24 hours later and thought, ehhhh why bring this back up. Sorry for having a fucking life 

Is this enough detail as to why I don't reply to one fucking post? Like who cares hahaha 

And I never lied, and you never proved anything haha you proved that no one knows the really truth about OS box office because BOM is fucked up.. however I also FLAT OUT showed the number that its doing 1/3rd the business in Russia and Germany and you acted like I was making it up 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

The truth is I didn't IGNORE YOU, I said i was done with the Convo, I made FOOD, watched a MOVIE, went to WORK, had SEX, went to SLEEP, WOKE UP,  Went for a JOG, made BREAKFEAST saw what you posted 24 hours later and thought, ehhhh why bring this back up. Sorry for having a fucking life 

Is this enough detail as to why I doing reply to one fucking post? Like who cares hahaha 

And I never lied, and you never proved anything haha you proved that no one knows the really truth about OS box office because BOM is fucked up.. however I also FLAT OUT showed the number that its doing 1/3rd the business in Russia and Germany and you acted like I was making it up 

I never said you lied, but Mojos numbers weren't making sense and I proved that. Are we done here Jay?